BusinessObjects Board

Can we nominate ourself for Moderator

Hi,

I am not sure, so thought to confirm here, can we nominate ourself for moderator… this came to my mind as I am on bob almost every day and I see many posts which require moderators attention, so thought to ask If we can or not … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

[Moderator Note: Moving from Off Topic to About BOB - MichaelWelter]

There is no nomination process for moderators. When there is an opening for a moderators, the current moderators will select a new one from the current membership. So, becoming a moderator requires an invitation from the current moderators.

If you see something that needs moderation, please use the “Report this post” button, in the bottom right corner of every post. The button looks like this.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Thanks Michael for your response.

And the button looks like - :cuss:

Sorry I can’t get the exact button, so got similar to that … :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you’re making a joke or really don’t know where the report-a-post button is. Just to be sure… the proper button can be found on the lower right-hand corner of any post.

Any logged in user should be able to see that button and use it to report a post for a variety of reasons.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hey Dave, sorry to say I was not joking and I don’t see any Image link button, but yes i do see the symbol which i showed you at the right corner of every post and when I keep cursor on it, it shows report the post.

Like for an eg. I will just click that button in this post and I am not sure what will happen to it…

You should be able to see the Red Exclaimation mark next to the post now…when you let us know you’ve seen it let us know and we’ll close your report…as there is nothing wrong with this post!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi,

Yes, that’s is. That’s the way how to let moderators know that something is wrong with a post so they will do their moderator job.

Now you reported to moderators your own post. Don’t do it on your own posts in future, do it on posts where you think something is wrong (duplicated post, cross-posting, advertising, etc.). Moderators will then see such marked posts.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)