BusinessObjects Board

Calling RSPC_API_CHAIN_START

I want to start a process chain in BW when my load job finishes and have imported the function module RSPC_API_CHAIN_START in my SAP BW Source data store.

The first thing that I notice is, that it gets imported with the wrong length of the arguments. For example I_CHAIN is a varchar(10), while in SAP BW its length is 25. So I changed the length of all arguments according to what we see in BW.

I cannot get it to work. As only the first argument is mandatory, I filled the rest with NULL. My job now fails with a truckload of error messages, including the suggestion to call support… (See attachment)

I also tried to invoke the process chain in synchronously and set the arguments I_DONT_WAIT and I_SYNCHRONOUS to ‘X’. That also did not work. (See attachment)

I tried other values for the arguments, but none work. When I look at the RFC Server Interface log in the management console, I notice that it does not contain my latest calls. They appear not to arrive at the RFC server. I also restarted the RFC Server interface.

What’s going wrong? How is this function supposed to be called?
RSPC_API_CHAIN_START.png
RSPC_API_CHAIN_START error.zip (0.0 KB)
RSPC_API_CHAIN_START synchronous error.zip (1.0 KB)

lamanp :netherlands: (BOB member since 2008-09-02)

Hi lamanp,

Can you solve the problem?

I have the same problem…

Thank you,
Vinícius F.

ViniciusFossaluza :brazil: (BOB member since 2009-09-02)

Hi Paul,

I know this was a long time ago, but wondering if you ever figured it out or if you still do it today?

We are running BW 701, and have DS4.2

Thanks!

Darryl

dgoveas :canada: (BOB member since 2009-09-10)