BusinessObjects Board

calling data from oracle with vba

I have a situation where i have to call the data from oracle tables and generate the report for that in bo.Can any body pls send me the code for that.

Thanks
amjad siddiqui

siddiqui (BOB member since 2004-09-17)

amjad, querying and reporting data from a database is native functionality for Business Objects. The SDK is not needed. I suggest reading up on the basic architecture of Business Objects, but the fundamental steps are as follows:[list]- Define a repository (using Supervisor) to establish users and a “place” for universes and documents

• Define a universe (using Designer) that represents the “semantic layer” defining your database
  • Define reports (using Reporter) based on that universe[/list]Generally, reports use the universe definition to write the SQL that returnes data to the report. It is possible to take some shortcuts (like no repository and using Freehand SQL instead of a universe), but they are not recommended. In any case, there is no SDK required.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi,

can i anybody send me the code for vba query technique to get the data and generate the report.

thanks
amjad

siddiqui (BOB member since 2004-09-17)

The code in this utility should give you a good start. It goes step by step through creating a data provider. You may also want to look at the .QuickReport method for creating a default report from the data provider.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)