BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

So there is no free/paid content to learn from and certification cost is quite high… :hb:

vaidisking (BOB member since 2008-12-18)

This can be all materials (guides, training manuals) that you get on an official training.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,
Any idea about passing percentage for " SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.x" certification?
Can anyone pls confirm on number of quetsions and time duration of exam?

SAP website showing like

No of Questions-80
Duration-180 Mins

Also “xi3_web_intelligence_rich_client_en.pdf” product guide is sufficient for exam preparation?

Thanks in Advance !!

patneel :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-02)

:lol:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Nick,

The cost of exam is making me apprehensive… so hoping for some suggestions on preparation of exam :stuck_out_tongue:

Can anyone pls give me idea on passing percentage , also is there any negative marking system?

Thanks in Advance !!

patneel :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-02)

Hi,

Have you gone through the sticky topic “BusinessObjects Certification FAQ”? Your above question is answered there:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

i’ve seen this in a previous post "To appear for certification without attending any SAP course you need to fulfill the following criteria’s:

• To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification. (Note that Support and testing experience is not accounted for direct certification in all SAP modules except ABAP)
  • The last 1 year should be with your present employer
  • Your present employer should be a CUSTOMER or PARTNER of SAP"
    Is it a worldwide criteria ?
    Moreover i’ve contacted SAP Education (france) about the certification and they don’t work anymore with Pearson VUE.
    There is now only one exam for the certification.

enguerran :fr: (BOB member since 2007-09-27)

75% is passing mark with total 80 questions and 180 mins duration

nicktyk (BOB member since 2010-04-22)

Hi,
Has anyone tried getting the stuff for C_BOE_30 that websites like

http://www.certmagic.com

or

http://www.braindumps.me

provide.
They seem to make great claims, however, I want to know how credible these really are and if they are helpful.

Please let me know.

Many thanks!

RahulH :india: (BOB member since 2007-05-16)

Hi all,

I would like to ask if i can only get the title"SAP Certified Application Associate" after i finished all BO exams(4 papers) or
it is just depend on which paper i take?

Thanks.

nicktyk (BOB member since 2010-04-22)

I have completed my SABE201, SABE301 and SABE401 in 2 years ago and received the certificate by mail after almost 1 year…!

I am a certified of BOCP now, do i have to sit for the upgrade exam SABE 501, passed it to get another certificate and to be certified as SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x ?

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

I just got a clarification from SAP, they said SABE501 is no longer exist, to get SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x, you need to sit for the exam code C_BOE_30, only one paper, and this is the latest exam.
http://www36.sap.com/services/education/certification/certroles/certificationtest.epx?context=%5b%5bC_BOE_30%7cG%5d%5d%7c

For Webi and Admin exam, the fees are euro 400, damn expensive! Do you think?

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

what is cost of C_BOE_30 ?

thanks in advance.

Vills :india: (BOB member since 2007-10-24)

Hi All,
I have these following two questions

1. How the Test centers are different on SAP and Pearson Vue websites
  2. Will I get the Training material when I register for the exam which is listed as $500

MichaelWelter and Jansi,

Can you please update your FAQ’s according to the change of April 30, 2010 (latest certification) ?
http://wsvprd1b.pearsonvue.com/sap/

I found some confusions in your FAQ’s and want to quote but they are all locked. If you want I can provide you the FAQ’s number

Thanks,
Sheriey

Maria_2 (BOB member since 2007-01-17)

I’ve been meaning to do this for a long time, but just haven’t had the time. I apologize for that. I’ll work with Jansi to get it done as soon as possible.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Me too. We’ll speak and get this done by this long weekend if possible.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hi,
I figured it out the answers myself by calling the Pearson Test center and SAP.

1. How the Test centers are different on SAP and Pearson Vue websites
    They both are different but taking the same test. What ever is convenient for you, you can go with that. Pearson VUE is the only approved partner of SAP certification.

2. Will I get the Training material when I register for the exam which is listed as $500
    No. Not only by registering the exam. That $500 is only for the certification fee. In order to get the SAP training material you need to register for SAP classes which are BOW310 and BOW320 (Instructor Lead) ($1150+$575) OR BOW315 and BOW325 (e-learning) ($695 each).

All the above mentioned information I receive by calling SAP Education Center

I don’t think I violate any rules by giving this information. I just want to make it easy for other people so they don’t have to go through all this.

Thanks,
Sheriey

Maria_2 (BOB member since 2007-01-17)

Sheriey,

Thank you so much for getting that information. We’ll make sure to include it in the updated FAQ.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi,

I had done my BOE Certification in Dec 2010 and got a survey this week from SAP regarding the significance/role of 50% off coupon they had for last year. Looks like they may come up with something similar this year too.

Thanks,

bocert09 (BOB member since 2009-09-04)

Certification FAQ

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)