BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

One interesting SAP “thing”: You can try an exam only 3 times for a specific version, if you do not pass it on the third run you will have to wait for a new version of the software to be relased.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Yes we need to study all,but the number of questions will be less.I have taken BOCP,In that most of the questions are getting repeated with diff answers.Probably those can be avoided.

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

Hi All,
I am working on business Object and need to write Business Object Certifications (SABE201, SABE301, SABE401). I am using www.vue.com link for scheduling my Exam date but I am unable to sign in because I have no account in www.vue.com . I have tried to create a Web Account and after providing all mandatory fields details, it is asking SAP User id, which currently I don’t have. Kindly let me know how and from where I can get SAP User id?. Kindly anyone help me out.

Thanks
shiven :stuck_out_tongue:

shiven (BOB member since 2010-02-24)

Hi shiven,
Those things has been discussed long back,please go through this certification thread to understand more[/quote]

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

Hi Rajasekar,

Please Could you provide me links for the same? Twice, I have gone through it but not found any specific information.

shiven (BOB member since 2010-02-24)

Welcome to B:bob:B! Please go through this certification FAQ for more information. Thanks.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

I have gone through the FAQ and the most of the discussions,but did not find the answer I am looking for.I have done all 3 levels BOCP-BOE successfully on Dec,23 2009 from VUE authorized test center(Kolkata,India) ,but did not receive the certification yet.Is there any way to track the certification sending process?I talked to VUE representative and She asked me to contact business Objects for this.Is this the normal lead time they take to send the certifications?

dip_anj (BOB member since 2007-02-26)

This FAQ talks about it. I would say, stop not till the goal is reached. :slight_smile:

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hey folks, does everyone know that SAP is retiring BOCP - BOE (3 exams) and updating the certification to have only one exam for each certificate? Read about this and other relevant information at

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/cs/user/create/cs_msg%3Fx-lr=cs_disc%2F%26x-lr2=wlg%2F17940%26page=

twenty5 (BOB member since 2008-01-22)

Your link redirects to comment posting for the blog post. I’ve updated your link for you. Cheers!

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17940

Chad L :us: (BOB member since 2009-11-18)

Thanks, Chad!

Hi Members,

I have given my certification exams for Enterprise certification (SABE201, SABE301 and SABE401) and completed in the month of september 2008.
By reading one of the post i waited for 3 months thinking that the certifcates will be recieved within 3 months.
But now its been 5 months i havent recieved my certificate.

I have contacted Pearson Vue, they suggested me to contact SAP Education. But when i contacted SAP Education they said the SAP BO certification programme doesn’t come under their programme and suggested me to contact Business objects on the mail id
‘kps.businessobjects.kt@sap.com’ and its been more than a month i have mailed to them on this mail ID and haven’t recieved any response.

I need help in this regard what has to be done next and whom to contact.

Please suggest…thanking you in advance

Achilies :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

i was in a similar situation. i also emailed kps.businessobjects.kt@sap.com. they did respond and said my certificate would be mailed for sure. it did not arrived. i emailed them again and asked that they put tracking on it…

i finally got my certificate.

I am also having the same issues.I spoke to Vue and SAP Education representative but they could not able to track it down.I have also sent mail to the email mentioned above but did not get any response.If someone knows any other way I woul rather try that too. :reallymad:

dip_anj (BOB member since 2007-02-26)

Hi,

I never worked on Business Objects server admin. But, i worked on Universe design and reporting environment.

I would like to go for e-learing for all the three certifications.

1)What would be the cost for all the three exams via e-learning
2)What is the method of teaching via e-learning?
3)Howmany days they will teach?
4)to get, e-Learn, does i need to register any where? i mean, how can i contact them for e-learning?

Many Thanks
Sree

sreeb (BOB member since 2009-01-05)

The information is available here

soulie :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

The Data Integrator exam has been added to the new certification stream.

Details:

http://bobjblog.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/new-certification-exams-%E2%80%93-data-integrator-now-added/

Also good to learn that those who have existing certifications can use the new titles, although I personally prefer BOCP.

Lone Ranger (BOB member since 2003-07-10)

I prefer BOCP also because clients are already familiar with the term, as well as I don’t want to have the acronym “SAP” anywhere on my resume because I don’t have any of the classic SAP skills. I already get contacted by recruiters who are looking for SAP skills because I have BOBJ skills. If I showed anything prefixed by SAP I’d talk to more not-appropriate-for-me-recruiters.

soulie :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

I’m a bit annoyed about this :

I passed my BOE + Upgrade exam 4 months ago and no certificate yet - I emailed the email address earlier in this thread multiple times with no response. It’d be nice if they issued the certificates to everyone who passed in the old program before deciding they won’t issue anymore :roll_eyes:

margarita (BOB member since 2005-11-08)

Hi
While browsing through certification posts , I came across the following post with very detailed explanation on BOCP topics along with weightage on each topic…

Can anybody please post similar way the weightage of topics for BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 exam. Will going to be very helpful who all are not in a position to spend on costly trainings & will definitely give direction in preparing for exam.

Thanks in Advance

hi Guys, 

Just passed all three BO XI R2 examns and now want to take the 4th one SABE501V3.0 for the R3.0 upgrade. 

I've read this whole topic but I cannot find the list with examn sections and number of questions for each section. 
Is there such a list, which is displayed on the print-out you receive after the test? And can anyone list the details here? 

Thanks in advance! 

edit: I mean the following list, and then for the SABE501V3.0 examn: 

SABE 201 Sections: 
• Describe the BusinessObjects Solution, Architecture and Administrative Tools (7 Questions) 
• Identify and Plan BusinessObjects Enterprise System Requirements (5 Questions) 
• Configure and Maintain a BusinessObjects Enterprise Solution (28 Questions) 

SABE 301 Sections: 
• Describe functionality and features of the Business Objects Enterprise Solution (11 questions) 
• Describe the information flow of components (10 questions) 
• Install BusinessObjects Enterprise (2 questions) 
• Configure BusinessObjects Enterprise (21 questions) 
• Determine and Resolve the Issues (4 questions) 
• Backup the Existing Production Data (2 questions) 

SABE 401 Sections: 
• Define Business Objects Enterprise System Requirements (5 Questions) 
• Design a Business Objects Enterprise System (22 Questions) 
• Troubleshoot Business Objects Enterprise Problems (7 Questions) 

[/code]

patneel :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-02)