BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

See Cisco’s certifcation paths: Associate, Professional, and Expert.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Can we directly appear for the below 3 exams without completing BOXIR2 papers?

1)SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x
2)SAP Certified Application Associate - Crystal Reports 2008
3)SAP Certified Application Associate - BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.x

kiwi (BOB member since 2009-06-17)

Check the link in post above yours and note the answer to my comment on the blog post. I’m guessing that it would be better to wait.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Yes,
Its really strange for Data Integration World

I don’t think whether the Product Manger for DI/DS would agree.

Its going to be the integral part of SAP. It might lost it individual appearance from the market.

Disclaimer: Its my personal view

sjain :india: (BOB member since 2009-04-17)

Hi,

I am planning to take QAWI201V3.0 and QAWI301V3.0 certification on BO XI R3 WEBI.

I just want to know whether WEBI documents from SAP Help documents is enough to take the certification as I already have a very good hands on experiance on BO XI R2 for the past 3 years or class room training is must to clear the exams ??? :?:

Eagerly waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Tharini

tharini (BOB member since 2010-02-11)

Tharini, Welcome to B:bob:B!

I believe your question is answered here.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

:reallymad:

It appears that SAP BusinessObjects will no longer offer the “Professional” certification designation and will instead only offer a “downgraded” certification designation. I need the administration-oriented BOE XI 3.0 certification, not the watered-down application support certification.

SAP’s strategic direction seems to be moving away from traditional “stand-alone” BI to using BusinessObjects as an add-on BI tool for their financial ERP products.

Comments anyone?

phdtogo (BOB member since 2008-12-03)

I am in a 3.1 Design and Deploy course this week - and will try get an answer on the “Associate, Professional, and Expert” designations…or at least get my question to the right people.

MJRBIM :canada: (BOB member since 2007-03-23)

Would seem strange if they were to do that considerring how much of the non-SAP market BO had prior to the takeover. Why lose all the business?

bungy :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-04)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding SAP BusinessObjects Certification Exam Realignment
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17940

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

I read this earlier today and thought that it sounds like we will be the SAP stepchildren. :hb:

Also, imagine the fun re-educating clients who understand what a BOCP represents.

soulie :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

One good thing is no need to go for three Exams for BOCP-BOXIR3,Instead they changed it to one.

In my humble opinion, the new alignment makes more sense… one for BOE, one for WebI, and one for Crystal. The old BOCP is just too vague. Too much like Micro$oft Certified Professional which is “a penny a dozen”.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I’ve asked Kenneth for an update re the BOCP-Data Integrator certification. There’s no mention of it so far…

josh.fletcher :australia: (BOB member since 2007-01-08)

Hi ,

I am planning to take certification in Business Objects. I have 2 years of hands on experience on Business Objects XI R2. I have worked in Universe Designing and WEBI. Could you please suggest me the BO certification, I should go for - that would be best suited for my profile. Or any BO Certification that I must do, keeping in mind the carrier and growth prospective. Kindly help.
I shall be really thankful.

Thanks & Regards,
Anju

anju890 (BOB member since 2010-02-17)

Hi Anju,
You can appear for BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 certification,since you have some experience on WEBI.

Thanks for the quick reply Rajasekar. Some has recommended to go for SABE201, SABE301, SABE401 certifications. Could you please suggest, how these are different and which one would suit most for a profile - 2 years of hands on BO XI R2 ( WEBI and Universe Designer).
Thanks Much :slight_smile:
Anju

anju890 (BOB member since 2010-02-17)

Anju I would suggest reading this entire thread. The certification (BOCP) that is acquired as a result of the three exams you list is discussed extensively. Additionally, on the more recent pages of this thread there is discussion of SAP’s upcoming change to the certification process - which will render your question about the three exams moot.

soulie :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

Anju,

You can also review our Certification FAQ for more information.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Is that really a good thing?

It may mean you still have to study all the same material, but be able to put it down in one exam instead. I think that will be more difficult, not easier.

bungy :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-04)