BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

I cleared my BOCP-BOE certification today. Thanks to all the BOB members for their views about exam preparation. Hope to get certificate from Vue/Business Objects soon. Is there any waiting time to receive it in the US?

I already read FAQ about this but it was not mentioned for US.

BOisBest :india: (BOB member since 2004-04-05)

When I passed my BOE certification, it took about 5 or 6 weeks to get the certificate.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Passed my BOCP - BOE XI 3.0 update last week. Second attempt…I hadn’t really got to grips with the SIA/bootstrap architecture first go, no problems this time. Don’t know if it’s just me, but I swear the update exam was harder than any of the XI R2 individual exams, makes sense though I guess!

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

I’ve heard others saying the same about the upgrade exam, as well as Webi. Personally I didn’t really think they were noticeably more difficult, I passed them all first time around. Mind you, I did take my time coming to grips with the material, summarising it and learning it by heart.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Hi Gurus,

I am planning to take BO Web Intelligence Level 1 certification exam (QAWI201V3.0 ). Please comment on your experiences on this exam. I mean how difficult is this level one exam and what documentation we must prepare.

I am preparing with documents

1. Building Reports with Web Intelligence Rich Client (manual downloaded from SAP site)
  2. Complete Reference Business Objects XI Book by Cindi Howson ( Iam concentrating only on Part 3 of this book which is reporting and analysis)

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
B

balupm (BOB member since 2009-07-21)

I would suggest that you start by reading through the Certification FAQ, then post any additional questions here.

I went through the FAQs and posted the question.

Iam not asking for any questions or material. I am just asking the suggestion from the people who already took the exam level one about their experiences. How did they feel, what did they prepare from.

Regards,
B

How many years have you used WebIntelligence?
I believe hands-on experience is the key - they want to know on which panel something is, how many clicks etc. :slight_smile: If you have experiences then you can try to remind yourself some of it but it is hard to learn it in a book

BOloom (BOB member since 2007-02-27)

Thanks for the comment.
I know there will be 49 questions and time 98 minutes. Passing grade is 75 it says. What does that mean. 75% of 49 questions must be correct?

Any more suggestions from other?

Regards,
B

3.0 exam is available only for those have XI R2 certification. Is this the only way of geting certified on 3.0?
Are there exams directly on 3.1?

Thanks,

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

Yes. You would need to get the XIR2 certification first, then upgrade it to XI 3.0.

No.

Michael, Thanks for the information

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

How can I get the learning material for SABE201, 301 or 401 examinations.

I am in a dire need of the learning material.

Thanks,
swapnil.

swap_bo (BOB member since 2009-05-01)

You have to sign up for a class to get the learning material. You can take the classroom or eLearning class, but those are the only ways to get the materials.

Hi!

Who have taken the certification within the last 3 months? Would like to confirm if the exam rules haven’t changed. Like right minus wrong on items?
Are the questions straightforward? (SABE 201 specifically?)

I feel jittery about the fact that it’s my first time to take a certification exam. And of course the exam itself. =/

Xtin :philippines: (BOB member since 2009-05-20)

HI Gurus,

I have completed my 3 exams (SABE201, SABE301, SABE401) by today.
Do you guys have any idea when will i be able to get the certificate.
Do i need to do anything now to complete this process.

Kindly suggest…

Thanking you in advance…

And Guys who need any suggestions or any help regarding the certification i am ready to help .

Achilies :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

You will get the certificate within two months

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

Thankyou Rajasekhar for your quick reply…

Achilies :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

Why not?

Damocles :uk: (BOB member since 2006-10-05)

I believe they’re still in beta, so they’ll most probably replace the R2 exams eventually.

BTW, I received my certificates for the update exam and Webi last week. It took them long enough, slightly more than four months. Which is probably due to the fact that they are no longer the (shiny) Business Objects-style certifcates, but the (somewhat boring) SAP-style ones.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)