BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

Thanks, I hope so.

BTW, Jansi isn’t a guy. :wink:

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I know she isn’t. I was just too lazy to type guy and girl. Plus, it sounds kind of icky.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Hi all members.

I have to give SAP BusinessObjects certification exams.

I want to confirm, does certification for BOXI3.1 started or I have to give certiciation exams for BOXI3.0

Could any member tell me the course name and code for both the cases (either for BOXI3.0 or BOXI3.1).

I have sent an email to SAP contact support for this matter but still I am waiting for it.

Kindly any member share this information in bit detail.

I would be really thankful for this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Izhar

izhar :pakistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

Hi Izhar,

Have you checked VUE.com page?
http://www.vue.com/busobjects/

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

There i do not find any level of “course name and code” for BOXI 3.0 certification exam.

For BOXI3.0, I found only "BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 " where as for “BOXIR2” there are following levels of papers to give for a certification

Kindly any member guide further for this.

Thanks
Regards,
Izhar

Izar, I’m not completely following what you are saying. I’m assuming you want to take the exams. Have you gone through the FAQ, it might answer your question. Furthermore, the link that Marek has given you contains links to PDFs where is outlined what topics are relevant for the exams and what materials are available for preparation. This link www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/businessobjectstraining/businessintelligence/curriculum.epx?context=[[BOBJ_BI_WI_XI30]]| might be useful as well (a link from the FAQ by the way). You’ll have to copy and paste it, as the links messes up due to the characters used.

I mean to say for BOXIR2, there are following levels to get BOXIR2 certified:
-> Level 1 - SABE201 (Administering Users and Content )
-> Level 2 - SABE301 (Administering Servers )
-> Level 3 - SABE401 (Multi-server deployments, sizing )

but for BOXI3.0, only Web Intelligence 3.0 is required to clear and levels are (which is only limited to 3.0)
-> Level 1 – QAWI201V3.0
-> Level 2 – QAWI301V3.0

I have to confirm are there other different levels to get BO certified for latest version, just like BOXIR2 sequence of levels.

Regards,
Izhar

Hi All,

I too am in a similar situation, Not having enough experience as mentioned in the Certification. But to gain edge I want to give an attempt for the Certification QA210V3. I cannot afford to take the e-learning courses offered by SAP. After going through all the posts understood that buying material from other websites is not worth it. I now want to give a try going through the pdf’s available from SAP. I appreciate if anyone can please attach the URL for downloading the pdf’s required for passing the level 1 of the exam. Any other advices are appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Sriphani :us: (BOB member since 2008-08-21)

-> Level 1 – QAWI201V3.0
-> Level 2 – QAWI301V3.0

I have successfully passed both exams but I don’t now how long do I have to wait for the certificate. It has been more than a month now

BOloom (BOB member since 2007-02-27)

That question is addressed in the FAQ.

yeah, I know…VUE told me to turn to SAP and SAP doesn’t answer.
Great Success! :wink:

Well, good luck with that. I took two exams back in November, and I still don’t even know if I passed or not. :shock:

did you receive a paper for the test center that you have passed and what you score was
or do you mean by ‘pass’ - will I ever receive a certificate :lol:

No, I didn’t. The exams were in “beta”, so they had to be manually graded by BusinessObjects. All I got from the testing center was a piece of paper telling me I would receive my score in January 2009. :roll_eyes:

Right. I did get two different papers from the test center where it is writen that I have passed. I hope I have more luck than you. No offence! :slight_smile:

I cleared my BOCP-BOE certification today. Thanks to all the BOB members for their views about exam preparation. Hope to get certificate from Vue/Business Objects soon. Is there any waiting time to receive it in the US?

I already read FAQ about this but it was not mentioned for US.

BOisBest :india: (BOB member since 2004-04-05)

When I passed my BOE certification, it took about 5 or 6 weeks to get the certificate.

Passed my BOCP - BOE XI 3.0 update last week. Second attempt…I hadn’t really got to grips with the SIA/bootstrap architecture first go, no problems this time. Don’t know if it’s just me, but I swear the update exam was harder than any of the XI R2 individual exams, makes sense though I guess!

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

I’ve heard others saying the same about the upgrade exam, as well as Webi. Personally I didn’t really think they were noticeably more difficult, I passed them all first time around. Mind you, I did take my time coming to grips with the material, summarising it and learning it by heart.

Hi Gurus,

I am planning to take BO Web Intelligence Level 1 certification exam (QAWI201V3.0 ). Please comment on your experiences on this exam. I mean how difficult is this level one exam and what documentation we must prepare.

I am preparing with documents

1. Building Reports with Web Intelligence Rich Client (manual downloaded from SAP site)
  2. Complete Reference Business Objects XI Book by Cindi Howson ( Iam concentrating only on Part 3 of this book which is reporting and analysis)

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
B

balupm (BOB member since 2009-07-21)