BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

Maybe someone can trawl through this topic and pull out the important bits and make a FAQ for us. Any takers? :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Jansi and I are working on this already. 8)

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi Micheal,
i can help if you want…

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

I am currently taking a course in BO 3.1 (Webi, Crystal Reports, Excellsius) in preparation for the QAWI201V3.x and QAWI301V3.x exams. I am an IT consultant but this is my first foray into SAP. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. - I don’t have the recommended 2 years of experience prior to taking the exams.

TMR (BOB member since 2009-07-09)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

The best advice would be to go through this topic, and learn from the experience of others. 8) There are links to PDF documents that could be very helpful.

The BusinessObjects Certification FAQ has been completed and is available here. A big Thank You goes out to Jansi for her assistance in putting it together. :+1:

Come on, it’s a team work, Michael. A great thanks goes to Joshua who came up with the idea of creating FAQ. :wave:

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Thanks Michael and Jansi, great effort and it is very comprehensive :smiley:

josh.fletcher :australia: (BOB member since 2007-01-08)

Great work :+1: , thanks , it helps alot to all. It will save lot of time to get the needful information avoiding so many threads in this thread.

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)

Nice one, guys. Hopefully it will have its effect and a lot less certification questions will be asked.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Thanks, I hope so.

BTW, Jansi isn’t a guy. :wink:

I know she isn’t. I was just too lazy to type guy and girl. Plus, it sounds kind of icky.

Hi all members.

I have to give SAP BusinessObjects certification exams.

I want to confirm, does certification for BOXI3.1 started or I have to give certiciation exams for BOXI3.0

Could any member tell me the course name and code for both the cases (either for BOXI3.0 or BOXI3.1).

I have sent an email to SAP contact support for this matter but still I am waiting for it.

Kindly any member share this information in bit detail.

I would be really thankful for this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Izhar

izhar :pakistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

Hi Izhar,

Have you checked VUE.com page?
http://www.vue.com/busobjects/

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

There i do not find any level of “course name and code” for BOXI 3.0 certification exam.

For BOXI3.0, I found only "BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 " where as for “BOXIR2” there are following levels of papers to give for a certification

Kindly any member guide further for this.

Thanks
Regards,
Izhar

Izar, I’m not completely following what you are saying. I’m assuming you want to take the exams. Have you gone through the FAQ, it might answer your question. Furthermore, the link that Marek has given you contains links to PDFs where is outlined what topics are relevant for the exams and what materials are available for preparation. This link www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/businessobjectstraining/businessintelligence/curriculum.epx?context=[[BOBJ_BI_WI_XI30]]| might be useful as well (a link from the FAQ by the way). You’ll have to copy and paste it, as the links messes up due to the characters used.

I mean to say for BOXIR2, there are following levels to get BOXIR2 certified:
-> Level 1 - SABE201 (Administering Users and Content )
-> Level 2 - SABE301 (Administering Servers )
-> Level 3 - SABE401 (Multi-server deployments, sizing )

but for BOXI3.0, only Web Intelligence 3.0 is required to clear and levels are (which is only limited to 3.0)
-> Level 1 – QAWI201V3.0
-> Level 2 – QAWI301V3.0

I have to confirm are there other different levels to get BO certified for latest version, just like BOXIR2 sequence of levels.

Regards,
Izhar

Hi All,

I too am in a similar situation, Not having enough experience as mentioned in the Certification. But to gain edge I want to give an attempt for the Certification QA210V3. I cannot afford to take the e-learning courses offered by SAP. After going through all the posts understood that buying material from other websites is not worth it. I now want to give a try going through the pdf’s available from SAP. I appreciate if anyone can please attach the URL for downloading the pdf’s required for passing the level 1 of the exam. Any other advices are appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Sriphani :us: (BOB member since 2008-08-21)

-> Level 1 – QAWI201V3.0
-> Level 2 – QAWI301V3.0

I have successfully passed both exams but I don’t now how long do I have to wait for the certificate. It has been more than a month now

BOloom (BOB member since 2007-02-27)

That question is addressed in the FAQ.