BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

I just received notification that I passed the first certification exam for BOCP - Web Intelligence. I expect to get the results of the second exam with the next few weeks.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi Michaelwelter,

Could you provide us some idea in preparing for BOCP- Web Intelligence…

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Not really. The exams I took were beta exams. I don’t know what the final version will look like. I would just advise you to get very familiar with Web Intelligence XI 3.0, including new or changed features from XIR2.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply, pearsonvue has mentioned on their site saying that the exams are avilable (Level 1) and Level 2 in the mid of October…?

Regards

Siva.M

FINALLY I made it through reading 26 pages!!!

I started out on page 1 thinking that certification is the ‘be all and end all’ and realise that experience must definitely be better than a certificiate- HOWEVER - does being certified give you better job prospects at all?

And 1 other question- (a bit unrelated here I know but not sure where to ask it!) - I’m seriously seriously struggling with universe design and loops currently and there is noone but BOB to ask about it- I have wanted to go on the universe design course for months now but work won’t pay for it - can anyone tell me what I should read to get the looping concept or are there any good books out there to help me with this that include examples too?!!

I’ve used bits and pieces of the designer guide before but I’m about to tackle it properly to help with my problem now- any other books/source recommendations would be handy too though!

and last question (I promise!) is how do I learn about performance tuning and understanding how the design of a Crystal Report/universe impacts on performance -do the guides cover it well?!

Thanks so much!

PS Im gona keep on asking for the courses but I don’t think they’ll ever sign them off for me :cry: typcial small company!

CanNeverThinkOfAName :uk: (BOB member since 2007-06-13)

IMHO, the only time that a certification will help you get a job is if you are competing with another candidate who has the same experience as you. In that case, the certification might be the deciding factor. However, what are the odds that you’ll compete against another candidate with the same experience.

This is a question for the Semantic Layer forum. Start by looking here.

This is a question for the Crystal Reports forum.

Recently my colleague wrote the first level with 100% :blue:
She took the exam at this venue in Chennai.

RJP Infotek,
No 89.arcot road
Kodambakkam,
Chennai.

I am also planning to write it. But from what I heard so far, I came to a conclusion that I need to memorize each and everything in the material :frowning:

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hi Jansi,
I also took my exams in RJP…They are Person Vue testing centre…

You can just go through the admin,deplOyment and error guide…Its enough and you can easily clear the exams…

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

Thank you so much. :wave:

can sombody tell me where i can dowload this guide ? thanks

bulgaru10 :malta: (BOB member since 2006-12-15)

From here

I cleared my SABE 201 (100%) and SABE 301 (98%). This was way back in June. Due to the work load I am not able to take the 401. Hopefull I sholud be done before end of November.

I used to spend close to 10 hrs every night (4 hrs efficient may be :stuck_out_tongue: ). Not getting the time silo which i had during the first and second quarter of this year.

Thanks to Michael Welter who came to our client site and recommended 3.0

While our group bought 3.0 bright news came - BO is declared enterprise solution and we are going 3.1

We are in V65 right now, first quarter we moved to R2 and at the end of second quarter we decided 3.0

I found myself lost when it came to folder/group secutiry when we moved from R2 to 3.0 But was able to overcome

Now it is just matter of time.

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Hi Jansi,
Could you tell me the which one to download for Business Objects XI R2 certification for Level One in the Above mentioned web site.

Regards
Prashant

prashant sathyapalan :india: (BOB member since 2007-05-16)

Hi

You dont have tailor made document in the list for certification, you can use the Admin Guide/Installation guide /Error message Guide to sharpen you…

Regards
Siva.M

Hi,

Which guide do I have to study to take the first test?

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/

Tanks a lot

lu.smendes :us: (BOB member since 2008-09-18)

As said, please refer all the guides mentioned above. No such specific document for SABE201, else you needs to take the training from BO.

Regards
Siva.M

Hi,

I am planning to take Xi 3.0 certification. I already have BOCP. Has anyone taken this exam?

Thanks,

BOAdministrator :us: (BOB member since 2006-10-30)

Which one are you talking about?

I just received my notification today that I passed the level 2 exam for Web Intelligence certification. So I am now BOCP - Web Intelligence 3.0.

Hi Michael,

I guess there is only one upgrade exam for upgrading to XI3.0 - SABE501V3.0. Is it the same exam that you have taken?

BOAdministrator :us: (BOB member since 2006-10-30)

So you’re talking about BOCP-BOE, not BOCP-Web Intelligence, right? I haven’t upgraded my BOCP-BOE to 3.0 yet. I’m scheduled to take them in the next two weeks. I’ll be taking SABE201V3.0 and SABE301V3.0.