BusinessObjects Board

BusinessObjects Certification Exams

I suggest you start here: http://www.businessobjects.com/services/training/certification.asp

You should learn all you need for certification there.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi BO Experts,

Please Let me know the Course Syllabus for DMDI201 Data Integrator XI …

I didn’t Find Any these information in the following Links
http://www.businessobjects.com/services/training/certification.asp
http://www.businessobjects.com/services/training/byuser.asp

Appreciate your help in this regard

karlak :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-01)

All yours…

http://www.pearsonvue.com/busobjects/BOCP_BOE_Exam_Guide.pdf

rahul majumdar :india: (BOB member since 2007-05-18)

Hi,
This links lists out only the Exam Details for System Administrator - BUsiness Objects Enterprise.

Please anyone share the information on Data Integrator if you come across, as these information were not updated on the Business Objects Tecnical support site.

karlak :india: (BOB member since 2006-11-01)

Michael, thanks for your expert knowledge on BOB. I have taken all 3 classes for Certification and have taken the first exam. I failed with a 48% correct. I studied the class guide, confusing as it was. I have found that the guides don’t in-depth enough as compared to the exam. The exam seemed to into concepts that I couldn’t find in the class guide nor remember from class. (There’s always next time)
We are currently migrating to XIR2 but we are not using similar structures that are in the class guides. I hope to gain a more in depth knowledge about the concepts and structures. So I hope to re-take the test soon.
I agree that taking the class and studying the class guides are critical. For myself however, I am finding that I need the visual hands-ons to create the concepts and test them. But, that’s just me. (I tend to go blank at test time anyway). :oops:

Have you or has anyone tried the Business Objects Study Guide suite from ePlanetLabs.com? I can’t tell whether or not it would be worth it to attempt this brand of practice guides. :mrgreen:

Thanks!

DaveMC :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Have a look here.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I bought one and felt the material was good. However, I couldn’t get the rest of them because they were being rewritten. I was disappointed.

Good luck!

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Thanks Eileen and Marek. After reading Marek’s link, I think I’ll pass on the guides and just continue to use BOB, the class guides and my work experience. I’ve been working with BO Classic for years and it’s quite a change to go to XIR2, although I prefer XI’s architecture hands-down.

Thanks again!

DaveMC :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Hi all,
I have passed the last BO exam one month ago but I did not receive any formal certificate from BusinessObjects. Except the 3 print out from the end of each SABE exam I have nothing to prove that I am a BOCP - BOE.
Is there any formal certificate and/or web autentication provided by BusinessObjects?

Thanks

bobarnac :romania: (BOB member since 2005-12-09)

Yes, you should receive a formal certificate by mail, it might take some time. I would get with VUE and ask them.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I finished my BOCP-BOE tests last month. I did not hear from BO for several weeks so I called. I was told it takes three months for the credentials to be sent. Bummer!

dsbruce (BOB member since 2007-06-18)

Thank you dsbruce

bobarnac :romania: (BOB member since 2005-12-09)

Hi all,

So the SABE201, SABE301 and SABE401 certfications only concerns the administration party ? None questions about how to developp an universe or a report ?

I have 1 year experience on BOXIR2 but mainly on universe designer and universe reporter. Is it sufficient ?

thanx

reno42 (BOB member since 2007-05-03)

Hi Reno42,
I’m afraid your experience will not be very helpful in passing the tests. The BOCP-BOE cert covers server and user administration.

I would like to see a Webi and Desktop Intelligence report design certification. Currently I think they only offer a Crystal Reports cert.

ok dsbruce, thank you for your answer

reno42 (BOB member since 2007-05-03)

Hi Friends,

I passed all the exams with 72% ,76%,85 % . i am waiting for certificate.

Kon Bobj :uk: (BOB member since 2005-06-06)

Congratulations :smiley:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Could somebody tell me what is the training course name that needs to be taken from Businessobjects.

I browsed the website and found

SA210R2, SA310R2, SA410R2.

Are these 3 training courses pertaining to BOCP exams SABE201, SABE301,SABE401 respectively. Can anybody confirm me on this?

DWH (BOB member since 2006-04-25)

Those are the ones! I used the web-based versions and found them to be very helpful in preparing for the exams. When you purchase one of the courses you have access to the material for 1 year. I printed out a lot of it to use as a reference in the future.

I have completed all levels in last week.

On the whole, I have found SABE201 is reading, SABE301 is logical and SABE401 is experience.

Please note that some exam questions doesn’t even test your BO knowledge. They can ask some thing similar to how well you remember some unknown term in the training material even if it is not related to BO.

Below are my suggestions:

1. BO Elearning is excellent. Along with it, some practice/experience will help in cracking the BOCP.

2. Read additional PDFs if you have more time. No marks for extra reading.

3. Do practice sessions carefully in elearining modules.

4. In Level 1, Read the contents along with practice on CMC/CCM/Infoview and others. That will help to remember/understand the contents easily. True/False questions also comes in this level.

5. In Level 2 is tougher compared to level 1 and has more multiple choice questions.

6. Level 3 is experience + reading. SABE401 is more about conceptual knowledge and experience. 50% are multiple choice is this questions.

Thanks,

syamee (BOB member since 2007-09-03)