BusinessObjects Board

Business Query and Open Office

Hi

I don’t find this information anywhere ; can someone tell me if Business Query and Open Office are compatible ?

Thank you

titlola :fr: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

I try an “up” because I still haven’t found the information. I think the answer is no but I don’t find it.

Thank you

What is “Open Office”? Is it Office 2007?

JSanthanam :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-17)

I just figured out that it is a french tool, so that is probably why nobody is answering !

Open office is a free tool, like MS Office, but free. A great one, not really different as Word, Excel, … but different enough to not work with some BO features.

Here is the link of the project :

Thanks!

sure it is not supported by BO, and very doubtfull it could exist a way to even make it technically run…

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Do you know where I can find a “proof” of this non-compatibility ? I have no doubt it does not work but I need to read it from BO (to explain to a customer).

Thank you

Find supported platforms for Business Query. If Open Office is not there then it’s not supported.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I don’t know if this helps, BQMD is no longer supported by Business Objects. They decided to do this inspite of not having a product that supports this level of functionality. “Voyager” is still very, very buggy and slo…w and does not support the level of detail BQMD did.

JSanthanam :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-17)