BusinessObjects Board

Business Objects Newbies

Instead of cluttering the General Board with a newbie’s questions, I’ve decided to post it here.

I’m brand-new to the IT Industry. Previous 15 years spent as an Engineer with the USACE (Insert joke here).

I just signed on with an IT Consulting Firm. We have a large contract with several telecommunication giants. Looks like my primary duty will be tracking IT-support issues in a process engineering (i.e. QA/QC role) role. I’ll be using the supported company’s Business Objects system to track that info. I’m brand new to Business Objects (so brand new that I’m still awaiting access to the Bus Obj system; I have some minor user-end experience with Crystal Reports from previous work.

Anyways I didn’t really see a newbie user thread/board on this forum. I’ve been reading Cindi Howson’s reference on Bus Obj. Can anyone recommend further reading or a site/forum for more knowledge on this system? Thanks in advance.

Scuall_BOB (BOB member since 2011-05-17)

Hi and welcome to BOB

First of all never forget to make a search before asking any question …

What about BOXI for dummies …

Merci, I didn’t see the “Search” button before.

I considered the Dummies book, but it was hammered on the User Reviews in Amazon.

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Cindi’s book is an excellent resource. If you have that, and BOB, you should be good to go.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

just to confirm…is it “BusinessObjects XI (Release 2): The Complete Reference” by Cindy Howson

No, it’s the Bus Obj Complete Reference, rel 2006. I found it cheap. Is there a significant change in the manual to version 2? I’m still awaiting access to the client’s Bus Obj site; I assume it’s in Version 2.