BusinessObjects Board

Business Objects Explorer 4.0

Has anyone downloaded and installed Explorer 4.0 yet? Is it available on the SAP SMP site at this time? I looked around for it and didn’t see it. Is it still called Explorer or is it something else now? Just curious as I have people asking me to get it loaded up for a look around this version.

Thanks

clarence (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

Just an Update. The product is called Explorer 4.0. It was not available to me because I had not filled out the appropriate ramp up documentation. I have now taken care of all that and have downloaded and installed Explorer 4.0. By default you access Explorer 4.0 using the following url:

http://yourserver:8080/explorer/

I had to upgrade my universes to .unx format using the information design tool before I could build any information spaces. If you don’t upgrade your universes to .unx format you simply won’t see any universes.

clarence (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

Hey,

We’ve signed all the Ramp-up papers etc. and have the Ramp-up download link. However, I can’t see Explorer in the list.

Is it part of the Enterprise 4.0 install under the custom install option?

Cheers,
Kevin

KevBO :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-07-18)

It’s a separate download. I can see it under “Ramp-Up” in the software download section of the Marketplace.

J0sh :australia: (BOB member since 2006-10-09)

Hi Everyone,

I descompressed explorer.zip file, but I got two identical files.
Anyway, I chose and installed the first one (I followed the sap installation pdf document) on a dedicated server.

When i finished the installation, I tried to get in to explorer but i couldn’t (servername:8080/explorer)

Does anyone can tell me any tips about that?
¿Can i install explorer separated from BO Enterprise?

Thanks,

Julio

julioqt :es: (BOB member since 2011-08-16)

Has anyone installed succsessfully Explorer 4.0 because i installed it but when i review in CMC there is no any server related with Explorer.

Can anyone please help me???

eliog (BOB member since 2011-11-08)

You have to reconfigure your SIA Node from scratch, I had the same problem, this will create the new Server for Explorer Services… You can then create all 4 missing services…

Thanks,
Julien

julienl11 (BOB member since 2011-11-10)

Oh that’s great; using the new troublesome and buggy Universe Designer just threw out our usage of this once great reporting tool for users.

So if there is no way to run explorer against .UNV universes unless I migrate them over. What are the chances that this new version of designer and explorer work! I don’t mean doing the normal workaround steps delivered with all SAP’s new stuff that never gets fixed. Urgh! :expressionless:

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

@di652:
That was a quite old statement from clarence, more than 3 years old…
I believe the current version of BusObj Explorer now supports old unv format, again, in addition to unx. Check the current PAM, please!

Also, I would rather explore Lumira than the IMHO outdated BusObj Explorer anyway.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks Andreas, good to know this.

As far as Lumiar; let’s just say that since the removal and revamping of tools when SAP took over Business Objects I trust SAPs release of new products similarly to trusting a RABID animal not to bite me when I reach to pick it up!

Thanks again Andreas :slight_smile:

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)