BusinessObjects Board

Business Objects 6.5 and Oracle 11

We’ve upgraded to Oracle 11.1 - we have Business Objects 6.5.1 - I did a safe recovery to create my connect for testing but I do not have Oracle 11 in my Database Middleware Selection under Oracle only 8 through 10. I’ve rebooted my pc and I can access Oracle 11 through SQL Plus and everything appears to be working - any suggestions on how to get Oracle 11 as a choice for the data access drivers or a way to point BO to it? It is in my environment varible PATH.

KYDarlynn (BOB member since 2009-06-10)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

1. I bet 11 with 6.5 isn’t a supported configuration

2. The chances are if you use the 10 driver you’ll be fine. But just remember if anything goes from, Support will tell you to upgrade and probably to XI 3.1.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi,

I don’t think BO 6.5 supports Oracle 11. That’s way there is not such option in BO.

Have you tried going with Oracle 10 option?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem, but our environment is BOXI R2 SP5, one of our servers is not showing Oracle 10 or 11 and the other one it´s showing and I have also logged in to SQL Plus successfully and everything seems the same in both servers.

Can you please help me out?
Thanks,

Daniel

dannyghost (BOB member since 2008-04-01)

What do you mean by “the server is not showing Oracle 10 or 11”?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hello,

In Designer, when you go to Connections and you try to create a new one, it prompts the Define a new connection window, and there is a Database Middleware Selection, where you can see the list of RDBMS for the connection.

In there, I cannot see Oracle 10 or 11, which I can see in the other server…

I think I compared both servers and it looks like I have pretty much the same, is it something that I missing in order to see this?

Thanks.

As far as I know, what’s in that list is just dependent on what’s in BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\oracle. Maybe there is a corruption?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hello,

I checked the path you said, and checked the oracle.osb file in both servers (the one is working and the one is not) and I copied the one from the one is working and still the same thing…

I rebooted the connection server and nothing happened also.
Any idea what else could be wrong or what I´m missing?

Thanks

Hello,

We are (still) using BO 6.5.2 on a Oracle 11 database.
Middleware Oracle 10, no problem on ‘normal’ queries, but when I want to use the XML-function

EXTRACTVALUE(XMLTYPE.createXML(table.column_clob),'/bla/blabla')

it is returning an oracle-error

ORA-31167:XML nodes over 64K in size cannot be inserted
ORA-06512: at "SYS.XMLTYPE", line 5
State: N/A

This problem seems to be solved in Oracle 11, but -maybe because of the Oracle 10 middleware, still exists in BO. :wah:
When I use the same query in PLSQL-developer there is no problem…

Any ideas how to solve this?

Hope for help,
Johan

JdVries :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-02-06)