BusinessObjects Board

Business Object Licensing

Hi Experts,

I need some help from your expertise to provide a rough cost estimation to my client over the operational cost for BOXI 4.2 Platform. for a mid size data volume. it is expecting to deploy multiple environments (DEV/VAL/PROD) and report development.
Can someone please help me with some ball-park numbers for the licensing cost of CAL (Concurrent Access License) and NUL (Named User License)

Thanks

There are a lot of factors that SAP factors in to the pricing. I don’t think there is a standard price per license. You will need to get that information from SAP.

Thanks John for your response. I totally agree the cost changes by many factors and SAP Sales Team can best provide the actual cost. I was more trying to get some very high level figure which we can used for initial client pitch in comparison to other BI Tools available in market

Since that information is not publicly available from SAP, I doubt anyone would be willing to share cost information as they may consider it to be proprietary information.

You could try looking on store.sap.com but I think you may need a log in to see the SAP products.

If you’re looking at trying to pitch low, say 30k max, then you’d be better off looking at a local BI supplier who is a SAP reseller in your area. You’ll get better support and a more competitive quote. Granted you’ll probably need to resist the attempted upselling, but they could become a good training partner for you as well. SAP themselves have proven disinterested in small BO setups.

1 Like