BusinessObjects Board

Business Explorer Instalation

I need to instal BO Explorer.
I have some questions.

1. I read in the guide that I can install BO Explorer in a differente machine that are not installed Bo Enterprise.
    But WHen I install a message appears informing that Bo Enterprise isnt installed on this machine.
    Searching in the instalation guide, I read a note inform that I need to install SIA in the business explorer server.
    Is it true? How do I install SIA?
    Does somebody could help me?

Regards,

renedebrj (BOB member since 2011-03-01)

An SIA can be installed on the second server node using the standard SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise installation program. You’ll want to do a custom install just to get the basics and not all of the typical SAP BusinessObjects servers, although you might want to consider adding an additional Web Intelligence Processing Server to the new node. Remember that there are two other components to the Explorer install - the web application that goes on your Web Application Server (Tomcat, etc.) and the CMS add-on that goes on any node in your cluster that has a CMS server running on it.

dmarks :us: (BOB member since 2003-04-16)

Hi dmarks,

I have the same issue but I am dealing with the Business Objects Explorer 4. I did something similar.First, I installed the Web Tier Features of the BOE 4 on the Explorer Server, then I did the Explorer Installation, but I couldn’t see the SIA, although the System services shows the SIA status as “started”.

How can i do? I hope you can support me

Thanks,
Julio

julioqt :es: (BOB member since 2011-08-16)

Hello there,

I have the same question on to be able to get SIA on Explorer server ( dedicated server , separate from BO),

1.which server are required to be installed at a minimum from BOE server module in the instalaltion?
2. Also, what servers will be nice to install on top minum BOE server install?
3. WIll this be SIA with NO CMS ( No Servers on the NODE ?)

Couldn’t find the information on the Install guide http://www.planetsap.com/files/exp31sp1_inst-depl-adm_en.pdf

Information on this , will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

samshaw :us: (BOB member since 2004-12-21)