BusinessObjects Board

Bulk loading and Save locally

Hi

How to bulk load or append data to cleansing package in IS.
Its like i have a cleansing package and append data from a file imported or add some records.

Is this possible?
Also how can i save a package on the local desktop?

Appreciate your ideas.

Arun

Arun.K :us: (BOB member since 2011-10-18)

Within Cleansing Package Builder you have to select a published Cleansing Package (that is available in your DS repository) and make a private copy (then it appears in the left hand box) and you can then edit, change, maintain your current Cleansing Package locally.

As long as you add only new Standards or Variations, or tweak and tune rules, you can then later on publish the Cleansing Package again (under same name to update or a new name) to make it available in DS.
When you add new categories/attributes, then you will need to take a closer look into your DS Data Cleanse transform configuration, as you are with these changes adding new output fields that you obviously want to use in your DS jobs as well, so either you re-import a new data cleanse ATL or manually add the new output fields in your data flows.

Also additional note: There are import from XLS functions behind the “Add…” functionality to bulk load new Standards and Variations from a XLS file.

A lot of great Tutorials on the Cleansing Package Builder functionality are available here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8751

Niels

nweigel :de: (BOB member since 2008-11-05)

Thanks nweigel

Arun

Arun.K :us: (BOB member since 2011-10-18)

Searching for information on bulk loading only finds the reference in the first reply on this old thread. I’m unable to find anything on actual bulk loading. I do find the feature to pull in an excel file and then select parsed tokens for addition to standard and variant forms.

But, I have a file that has several thousand “Standard Form” values that I want to seed my Cleansing Package with, then go add Variant Forms later by exception. Dragging them one by one will take forever. Is there a way to load a long list of values directly into the Standard Forms list without having to click/drag or otherwise touch each one at the keyboard?

Thanks!

petersjd (BOB member since 2003-11-21)