BusinessObjects Board

Broken report: DA0005, ORA-errors

One of our universes has changed, one report throws now some errors; my problem is that I don’t know which objects in the report causes these errors. An integrity check of the universe showed that it’ ok.

The errors:
[list]
[:9881c5a85f]Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005)
[
:9881c5a85f]ORA-00936: missing expression
[*:9881c5a85f]ORA-01427: single-row-subquery returns more than one row
[/list]
How can I find the origin of these problems in the report?

Thanks!

SFL (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

Hi,
In What sense the universe has changed? are there any updation / addition / eletion of the objects?
If it is just teh addition of the new objects then it should not be a problem, if it is an addition of the join then do check for the loops and possible of the Fan or the Chasm trap.

Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005) -:
Please make it sure that the reports are pointing to the correct Universe.

ORA-00936: missing expression -: Please check the syntax in the SQL.

ORA-01427: single-row-subquery returns more than one row -: See that the inner part of teh subquery return more than one row.
If the inner query is returning more than one row and if you had placed the quality operator in the query then it will throw this error

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

try to run the report couple of times and everytime remove one objects from the query then you will find out which object is causing the issue.

Marfi :poland: (BOB member since 2006-12-18)

Omkar, this is great information and a very detailed response. However, I wanted to clarify that fan or chasm traps will not throw database errors (99 times out of 100) and that they are usually only detected by looking at the numbers on a report. You probably meant this, but I wanted to make sure it is clear for more novice universe designers. Otherwise, thanks for the great answer!

Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,
I disagree that dan or chasm trap will throw any database error except that of the inflated results.
Pleae go through this link and read the description given by Dave Rathburn about traps.

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)