BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Extraction

Hi, thank you so much for your reply cdavies, but unfortunatly, it seems not to work with BusinessObjects XI30. has someone already suceeded in ?

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Many thanks Julien!
It works as well with SP1 as with SP2.

Acid :fr: (BOB member since 2008-02-15)

These weren’t written with R3 in mind. Anything we’ve done with the SDK has needed some tweaks to work.

But, this is alot less necessary in R3.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I am trying to run BOXI UserListV3.xls to get list of Boxi users. Its throwing following error

CrystalEnterprise115.InfoStore.1 --2147210999: Active Directory Authentication failed to get the active Directory groups for the acount with ID “”. Please make sure this account is valid and belongs to an accessible domain.

can any one help please.

Thanks

ata_mufti (BOB member since 2008-07-30)

Big Argh… Incredibly, I find the tool I need to enumerate users and groups. :mrgreen:

Then I realize I don’t have - and can’t get - Crystal reports on my workstation, and my CMS boxes don’t have MS Office Suite installed. Typical.

Any other install scenarios that anyone knows of? The box must have Excel installed, obviously, but also Crystal reports?

Don

don.davis :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)

Huh?

I don’t have Crystal installed and it works fine for me.

The error message mentions CrystalEnterprise115…, so I can see the confusion. It doesn’t say Crystal Reports, it’s just a class name for part of the Enterprise SDK. The Enterprise SDK is installed as part of the client tools install on a workstation. The stand-alone Crystal Reports application is not required.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Good catch Dwayne. I do have the BO client tools installed.

The confusion is caused probably by the fact that the utility is for BO Xi R3 and as such it references (in VBA editor menu Tools -> References) libraries of Crystal Enterprise … 12.0 version. These libraries are not available in BO XIr2 so that’s way the error.

But when you change the references and replace all Crystal Enterprise … 12.0 libraries used in the utility with the same Crystal Enterprise libraries but of 11.5 version then it all works just fine.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Yeah, it works now. I have added the previous DLL in the references but before, it didn’t work because the missing references were still checked. Unchecking them have make the macro running fine !! Hopping it could help people too…

In addition, a few correction / modification of the code can be done to have one line per group. In fact, in the original code, there is only one line per user and if a people is part of several groups, the several groups names are written in the same cell. Editing the code can cause the macro to generate one line per group (with of course some redundance in the user level information)

Ah… that is sounding better. So I can install the SDK and client tools on my workstation and that will do the trick?

Again thanks!

Don
US Army
Civilian Personnel

don.davis :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)

This is very good, thank you for sharing.

bulgaru10 :malta: (BOB member since 2006-12-15)

I would like to add more fields is there any way I can do this?

I would like to see the VBA behind the v3 is this possible?

I would like to also report on this information in Crystal is this possible?

We have over 9000 users

Thanks,

Rick

rphillips (BOB member since 2008-09-29)

Do you have similar ones which give details about documents accesses by each user, etc ?

bulgaru10 :malta: (BOB member since 2006-12-15)

Its a nice piece of work… Thanks for posting it man!!

But it is going into debug mode…looking for VB libraries….I don’t know if VB needs to be installed…
I am running it on my local PC where BO is not installed…I don’t know if this can be one of the reason…but when I am trying to run it on the server then due to security reasons macro is disabled…

Could anyone please help me out to make this up and running???

vikramvasisht (BOB member since 2008-02-18)

Do you have the SQL used? I do not have Crystal Reports, I just want the data from the database.

dbacon910 (BOB member since 2008-10-16)

Here is the pseudo-SQL taken from the great Excel sheet. Do you know if there is a way to add in this “query” information about the rights (which access level) the users have on the group they belong to ?

Thank you in advance
Bernard

Does anyone know or have any macro’s/scripts that will let you select a GROUP and then show you the reports/objects that belong to that group?

Mjcunnin (BOB member since 2008-12-11)

Hi

This looks to be what I am looking for.
My question is this, we supply an OEM version of XI r 2 to our clients, this does NOT include the audit license.
Will this still work without the audit license ?

Thanks

Steve

stevem :uk: (BOB member since 2008-10-27)

This does not use the Audit stuff at all.