BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Extraction

It worked find for me in 2007. It stopped working on any machine no matter what versions of Excel when I had XI R3 installed.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Strange behaviour because nothing change within the CMS sdk concerning users and groups!

BR
Sebastien

We thought so, too. But, we confirmed this on 3 machines. Must have something to do with a particular DLL or something else in the libraries.

Hi,
My problem to use the macro in the xls sheet (xls 2007) is still active. I have the following error : “Compile error : Can’t find project or library” when executing following syntax : …Sess As SessionMgr…

DheerJ (BOB member since 2005-10-20)

Correct but you need to redeploy the BO libraries every time you make an upgarde.

But I suppose you managed this :wink:

BR
Sebastien

how do I do this?

JeroenO :netherlands: (BOB member since 2002-09-16)

Huh? What do you deploy on a desktop?

Hi,
My problem to use the macro in the xls sheet (xls 2007) is still active. I have the following error : “Compile error : Can’t find project or library” when executing following syntax : …Sess As SessionMgr…
Can anyone help me please ?

DheerJ (BOB member since 2005-10-20)

Can somebody explain what I need to do to get this working again?

Great tool. Thanks!
(tested on XIr2 SP3 with 1250+ users)

ossewed :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-11-14)

I deinstalled BO from my machine, and installed everything again, including SP3 and FixPack 3.6, and it worked again! :shock:

This looks like a great tool. I put the excel file vs 3 on the server but got an error. Does it matter that we use WindowsNT Authenication? I put it on our development server and the server isn’t quite set up like our production server. I had wanted to test it on our development server first. Could I cause any problem on our production server if I ran it there? I would think not, but everyone here is always afraid to put things on our production system. Any thoughts?

katwalker (BOB member since 2007-02-07)

I downloaded the excel files from https://bobj-board.org/t/89434 and also i checked the dedicated forum BOXI UserList & Group Excel Export ,

I tried all the 3 versions but I don’tknow why I am failing to use it. I clicked “Connect to CMS” but after that nothing happened , also in version1 i clicked on " Get users and Groups" nothing happened.

Please advise me.

Regards
Aniket

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Thanks for this download !!! :wink: It’s easier than copy manualy email address of 600 users !!!

Ced

ced :belgium: (BOB member since 2005-06-27)

John,
Did you get a work around that crystal error which you got.
As right now ,when i run report for Auditing,i get the same erro.
Can you please share the work around.

I could connect to CMC-DEVand CMC-QA and then retrieve the list of users and other info.

But I could not connect to CMC-PROD, it is giving me error that

“CrystalEnterprise 115.InfoStore.1 … 2147210999; Active Directory Authentication Failed To get the Active Directory Groups for the account with ID “A8D127CEO56A3A48812843900A0ADDEA:JROGER”.
Please Make sure this account is valid and belongs to an Accessible Domain.1000440.”

Is this Error related to rights/authentication to the user id
AS I know I have administrator rights.

The Only difference is see, between DEV and PROD CMC is
Crystal Reports services is being disabled in PROD and
They are Enabled in DEV.

And the BO Server Group is not ready to disable it for sometime and again enable it.

Does this macro need that Crsytal Report services or is there anything I can do
Without using Crystal DLL’s/services.

Thanks in advance.
Anupama

mailanuv (BOB member since 2005-11-27)

Wow This is Great Tool to work with 2400 Users, Thanks for sharing such a tool

srdh21 (BOB member since 2008-08-05)

Anupama,

Yes, I have been able to get this to work fine.

It looks to me like this error is more related to having a bad user account set up in your environment. It is an Active Directory error, not a Business Objects error. I’m guessing JROGER is the bad account. Make sure that account is good.

I don’t think the Crystal Reports services installed on the server should be an issue. I would think that the Crystal Reports files just need to be installed on the machine where you are running the Excel spreadsheet from. As long as you are running the Excel on a machine that has Crystal Reports installed, you should be OK. I run the Excel file from my local PC, not from a server.

it’s so great! very useful. Thank so much

linette1983 (BOB member since 2006-09-20)

same trouble for me. and there are some missing references. could you give us the name and release of tlb / olb / dll files required because they are not given :hb:

thank you in advance

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi Bernard

The file uses the following Crystal Enterprise references:

C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXIr2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\InfoStor.dll
C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXIr2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\EnterpriseFramework.dll
C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXIr2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.User\User.dll
C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXIr2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\plugins\desktop\CrystalEnterprise.UserGroup\UserGroup.dll
C:\Program Files\Business ObjectsXIr2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\PluginManager.dll

Or you can run this code from within the same workbook but with a blank worksheet activated:

Sub Get_Refs()

ActiveSheet.Range("B5").Select

With Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject
For i = 1 To .References.Count
    ActiveCell.Value = .References(i).Description
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = .References(i).Name
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value = .References(i).FullPath
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next i
End With

End Sub

Hope this helps

cdavies :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-28)