BusinessObjects Board

BOXI User Migration Issue

Hi,

I am currently migrating a BO environment from BOXI R2 to R3 SP2. I am using the Import wizard to do so. I am currently facing with the below 2 issues.

1. After exporting the total environment I can see that no user (otherthan Admins) can see their public folders from the new infoview link, when I checked I found that the user security has not been exported. Also I found one other thing that if I do not give access to the root folder no user is able to see any folders.

2. Few of the reorts were set as refresh on opening and show as pdf files in R2 but in R3 when I am trying to open the report it is not hsowing me the report but just asking me to download the pdf file.

3. Few of the reports were using opendosument feature. in R2 when I click any datalink one seperate browser window opens and the detail report is shown in that window. But in XI R3 it is not the case, the separate window is opening but it is not showing the report, but instead the main browser window is changing.

Please help me with these 3 issues.

Thanks in advance,
Shaunakh

shaunakhs (BOB member since 2008-09-21)

Hi and welcome to BOB

Regarding point 1 see this post

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the 1st issue has been solved, actualy we reexported the total BIAR file content into the new environment again, with the folders as well, this time we got the user rights over the folders migrated successfully.
:smiley: :smiley:
We are still facing the 3rd issue… :hb:

Please anybody provide the solution for the 2nd issue…

Thanks,
Shaunakh

shaunakhs (BOB member since 2008-09-21)