BusinessObjects Board

BOXI PM App Builder Dashboard Menus

BOXI R1 (or 2) PM App Builder only allows the definition Dashboards with App --> Menu --> Sub Menus. We need to have App --> Menu --> Sub Menu --> Sub/sub Menu (or more). Need sample code; workaround, ideas, or even a sholder to cry on…

Ang.

angelsd1 :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-21)

I remember reading a post on this forum regarding creating HTML hyperlinks from one dashboard to another dashboard, but can’t seem to find it now. This would give you an unlimited depth of levels, but users wouldn’t see the hierarchy and might get lost.

Another alternative - once you’ve navigated to the sub-menu level, use the navigator/viewer analytics to provide access to further levels. I don’t think there is a limit to the number of sub-folders you can display in the navigator.

Hope this helps. Jon

Jon :us: (BOB member since 2005-05-11)

Application Builder only does App->Menu->Sub-Menu. You could use some of the other workarounds that Jon suggested but you can’t get any more levels from within App Builder

tmarion :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Yep, in BO6.5 and before you could use the appsRedirect syntax to hyperlink to different dashboards. However, this functionality doesn’t work in XI as the way that dashboards are stored has changed.
You could potentially simulate extra levels in a dashboarding hierarchy by using the openAnalyitc syntax and link to Compound/Group analytics. This is sometimes accepted by users and sometimes is regarded as too confusing. Enjoy.
8)

Nemesis :australia: (BOB member since 2004-06-09)

Hi,

You can use the following syntax in XIR2 to link between dashboard pages tho:

<a href="appsRedirect.jsp?url=<INSERT XML FILE NAME HERE>&amp;navPos=1,0,0&amp;linkType=corp&amp;custoStyle=">this is a link to Application 1, the first menu, no submenu</a> 

:smiley:

cheers
jcahmb

jcahmb :uk: (BOB member since 2005-11-15)

Hi jcahmb,

I would like to know where can I find the setting?

CMC or file directory?

many thanks,
Fan

[/quote]

Fan (BOB member since 2003-06-23)

I think you can find these names by viewing the source of the “appsNavigation” frame (right click near the menu tabs at the top of your dashboard). The section you want looks something like this:

mN10003=mBar.add('Retail','corp','AarFhTgQEyBKvFgawh4iN3A','../styles/windows/','1','','','2807')
    mN1000C=mN10003.add('Operational','corp','Ad7pWi8tabtPiFWqCIRxSVw','','1','','','2820')
    mN10014=mN1000C.add('Sales PSF by Property','corp','AT6v2WddJAFOnxMn89iVw94','','1','','','2824')
    mN1001C=mN1000C.add('Managed Area Analysis','corp','ASY9ZXyEwkpDmWunJvyNhuY','','1','','','2823')

However, I can’t get appsRedirect to work with XI R2. It appears to briefly find the correct dashboard page, but then it reloads with the first page of our first dashboard. I’ve tried different combinations of the navPos parms to no avail. Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone been able to use appsRedirect with XI R2 to navigate in from an external application directly to a dashboard page?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon :us: (BOB member since 2005-05-11)

Hello.
In order to referenciar to the first page, you must consider the following thing:

appsRedirect.jsp?url=Products&navPos=1,0,0&linkType=corp

1. Menu 1,0,-1
    1.1. Submenu 1,0,0
    1.2. Submenu 1,0,1

2. Menu 1,1,-1
    2.1. Submenu 1,1,0
    2.2. Submenu 1,1,1
    2.3. Submenu 1,1,2

3. Menu 1,2,-1
    3.1. Submenu 1,2,0
    3.2. Submenu 1,2,1
    3.3. Submenu 1,2,2

Anibal Villamizar :smiley:

anibalv :colombia: (BOB member since 2004-12-02)

I am having the same problem as JON. appsRedirect is always going to the the first Dashboard no matter which GUID I choose.

Look for BO Knowledge Base
KBase Article ID:19369

Any one found a solutions to this yet?

rs90144

rs90144 (BOB member since 2006-04-18)

I have this poblem too…

I need to create a link between an analityc and a dashboard. I do this:

I think you can find these names by viewing the source of the "appsNavigation" frame (right click near the menu tabs at the top of your dashboard). The section you want looks something like this:

Code:
    mN10003=mBar.add('Retail','corp','AarFhTgQEyBKvFgawh4iN3A','../styles/windows/','1','','','2807')
    mN1000C=mN10003.add('Operational','corp','Ad7pWi8tabtPiFWqCIRxSVw','','1','','','2820')
    mN10014=mN1000C.add('Sales PSF by Property','corp','AT6v2WddJAFOnxMn89iVw94','','1','','','2824')
    mN1001C=mN1000C.add('Managed Area Analysis','corp','ASY9ZXyEwkpDmWunJvyNhuY','','1','','','2823')

and so I’m trying to open a dashboard.

using the HTML’s line:

I’m trying with a simple

appsRedirect.jsp?url=Retail&amp;navPos=1,0,0&amp;LinkType=corp

but it doesn’t work! Also changing the GUID, like rs90144, doesn’t work…
If I change the FileName with an unexisting dashboard I have an error message like “the file you want to open doesn’t exist”, but with the right name a blank window is open and nothing happens… no error messages, neither the dasboard is open…

Is

appsRedirect.jsp?url=Retail&amp;navPos=1,0,0&amp;LinkType=corp

wrong?

Help me!!!
Ale.

Bo_Arale :it: (BOB member since 2007-09-10)

Ok I can answer myself.

using the HTML’s line:

Code:

It works with:

Code:
appsRedirect.jsp?url=AarFhTgQEyBKvFgawh4iN3A&amp;navPos=1,0,0&amp;LinkType=corp 

Bye,
Ale.

Bo_Arale :it: (BOB member since 2007-09-10)

Hi,

I tried your solution but I am getting this error:

type Status report

message /viz/controls/gauge/common/appsRedirect.jsp

description The requested resource (/viz/controls/gauge/common/appsRedirect.jsp) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.27

Can anybody help me out with linking from a metric to an specific menu inthe corporate dashboard?

Thanks for your help.

rbrito :ecuador: (BOB member since 2007-09-06)

Hi,

I tried your solution but I am getting this error:

type Status report

message /viz/controls/gauge/common/appsRedirect.jsp

description The requested resource (/viz/controls/gauge/common/appsRedirect.jsp) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.27

Can anybody help me out with linking from a metric to an specific menu inthe corporate dashboard?

Thanks for your help.

try using the full path:
/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/jsp/appsRedirect.jsp

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks for your reply. This helped me get rid of the error. Now, the analytic redirects to the main page, however nothing shows up.

Please see attachment.

Help! :?:

there’s no attachment - and can you post the full URL?

I’m sorry about that. This is the URL I am using in an analaytic:

http://dev-bobj:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/jsp/appsRedirect.jsp?AfDV5nKLv9NDswIlcuF4MGw&navPos=1,0,0&LinkType=corp

I want to navigate to the main dashboard from this analytic. I am not attaching the screenshot, since it is too heavy.

Thanks again for your help.

Lose the GUID - this is all you need:

http://dev-bobj:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/jsp/appsRedirect.jsp?navPos=1,0,0&amp;linktype=corp

note that “linktype” is lowercase.

Thanks for your help. Problem fixed.

hi guys,

is this method working on BO XI 3.1 ?

because i need to use this link http://:8080/PerformanceManagement/jsp/appsRedirect.jsp?navpos=1,0,0&linktype=corp

and there’s issue using that link

anybody succeed in BO XI 3.1 for jumping to another dashboard builder tab ?

need help please

bernardy (BOB member since 2009-02-17)