BusinessObjects Board

BOUSER

Hi,
I have report used by many BO Users and im useing @ variable(‘BOUSER’) as condition to show the correct data to the user
@variable(‘BOUSER’)=@variable(‘BranchName’)
Which I created the BO users name as the branch names ,
Issue is : when bo user name i.e “test1” login in infoview and refresh the report then type variable for “BranchName” as test1 it works , but when i logout from user “test1” and try to loging by anthor bo user like “test2” and type “test2” as branch name result no data found but if i type “test1” the report genrate the data as test1.
Its looks like BOUSER still connect with “test1”.
Also the same when I logging using two or three Bo users at same tine in different machines
I hope my issue was clear , and i need away to make sure my report read the correct BOUSER ?
Im using B O 3.1

Update: maybe cache memory for the report?? Because we i run another report using “test2” work normal but first report which test1 run it doesn’t work until while(about 20-30 minutes).

walid (BOB member since 2019-11-04)

For testing purposes (not so much with BO 3.1 since browser support is very limited). I would use different browsers to that BO would not ‘remember’ what login ID I was using before.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

I used different browsers but still same

Interesting, I have not run into that issue (but then again, I do not use BO 3.1 much. We are on 4.2).

I do not have any more suggestions.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

What type of universe connection are you using - is it a fixed user?

What you mean universe connection?
Yes im using fixed user to connect to sql server using odbc connection

Does changing the user in the ODBC connection affect anything? I know it probably shouldn’t but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

No its doesn’t effect,

Create a new report tab and in a cell use the DataProviderSQL function to show you what SQL is being passed to the query. That will allow you to confirm what is being passed. If it’s passing User1 when it should be passing User2, raise it as a bug with SAP support.