BusinessObjects Board

BOMM issues - need help

Some of our customers have asked about BO Metadata Manager and also about the Data Services lineage and impact analysis.

So we have been busy configuring our BO Demo environments to test and show this functionality.

The Data Services part is working well - we have generated universes from the DS Designer, ran the CMS Collector and now the DS Management Console corectly shows the end-to-end lineage from Data Stores to Universes and to the Web Intelligence reports. So far so good.

But we have been less succesful with BOMM and getting the lineage data to show in InfoView. The Metadata Integrator Sources are setup in the CMC and when scheduled, the job runs succesfully - or so it says. The log file does show a lot of errors with derrived tables in Universes?

But when I click “view lineage” in InfoView, I get a HTTP 500 error!

When I log into the BO Metadata Manager, I see the BO Enterprise Repository with universes, reports etc as well as the Data Services repositories.

When I click on Universes, I see all the universes so that works. I can see all the classes and objects.

But the moment I click Reports (on the Directory page), I instantly get a HTTP 500 error!

The Crystal reports in BOMM do seem to work fine so there is data there. Any idea what is causing the HTTP 500 errors in BOMM and InfoView?

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

I think your bomm webapp is not deployed properly, try redeploying bomm.war to the webserver, it may resolve both the issues from bomm explorer as well as from InfoView

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

OK I’ve redeployed the BOMM.WAR file.

According to WDeploy the built was succesful - it went and reinstalled the application and then repackaged without any problems.

I restarted Tomcat after that.

But now when I click “View Lineage” in InfoView I get a 404 error:
HTTP Status 404 - /clientaction/lineage/viewLineage.jsp

And also the BOMM interface itself has stopped working - it also returns a 404 error.

Did I miss something? :shock:

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

try this
stop tomcat
delete following folders from \webapps
bomm
MetadataManagement

remove bomm and MetadataManagement from tomcat cache if exists
\workdir\catalina\localhost
Start tomcat
also check if you see any errors in tomcat log or check th bomm logs in <BOE_HOME>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\logging folder

Hello,
having some similiar issues.

I manual deploy our webapps onto Tomcat 6 rather than the bundled 5 (for a whole world of reasons). But it seems you cannot simply deploy the BOMM web apps, you have to predploy and deploy all. (Possibly not all but definately InfoViewApp).

Problem is we have all manner of updates to web.xmls for ssso and timeouts etc.

My deployall worked in a labs VM env, but I still get the 500 errors on our development box. Which does not bode well for UAt/Production.

I can however see the Metadata management menu in infoview and Cmc, so struggling with whats gone wrong.

If you managed to correct this can you please let me know how

Thanks
James

jbayly2 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-10-24)

you can deploy BOMM webApp manually shouldn’t be an issue
you will see the MetadataManagment link in CMC if BOMM Repository CMS InfoObejcts are installed on that CMS, BOMM webapp will be used when you click on that link

to check if the webapps got deployed correctly, check if you see following folders under
\webapps\MetadaManagement
\webapps\bomm

did you use wdeply to deploy the webapps ?