BusinessObjects Board

BODS 3.2 and BO4

Hi,

I am working in an environment where we use BODS 3.2 for ETL, en BO 4 for reporting, and we want to use the BODS impact and lineage tool.
But seeing as the reporting currently has a newer version than the ETL, I am wondering whether this will work. Does anyone have experience with this setup?

thanks in advance,

Bert

BertB (BOB member since 2008-11-05)

That will not work - in order to use the metadata integration between BODS and BO, they need to be of the same version.

And I believe it only works for Windows-based BO environments - that was the case for BODS 3.2 & BOXI 3.1 … I have not heard anything that this was any different with BODS & BO 4?

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

I’ve just had a look in the DS4.0 documentation and there are no explicit statements about lineage and impact analysis only working on Windows. There is a page that gives instructions on increasing the Java heap memory size on a Unix server. So it looks like this option is available on Unix.

Nemesis :australia: (BOB member since 2004-06-09)

you could try, Install DS 4.0 Metadata Integrator on BI 4.0 Server (make sure also have client tools installed) (this is only supported in windows env)

Configure a Metadata Integrator and enter the DS 12.2 repo connection details, run the metadata integrator and check in 12.2 Management Console if you see the lineage

this may work but is not supported

other option is to use BusinessObjects Information Steward 4.0 (MetadataManagement), this is a separate product which can collect metadata from DS 12.2 and BI 4.0

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)