BusinessObjects Board

BOB and new SAP/BO products

I could not find an area on the BOB forum to discuss the forum itself but with the release of new SAP/BO products - would there not be merit in creating sections for:

• Design Studio
  • Visual Intelligence (Lumira)/ Predictive Analytics
  • HANA in combination with BO4/Lumira/PA/Design Studio
  • HANA in combination with SAP Data Services
  • BusinessObjects Mobile content, deployment and administration

And would it perhaps be useful to move topics on XI R2 products (BO/BODI) to an archive section of the forum? As XI R2 products are completely unsupported (you cannot even download patches anymore from the SAP archive), I would not think many users would still be on XI R2?

Just my 2 cents to keep BOB relevant in today’s world of SAP tools as I much prefer BOB over SCN to find useful information.

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

Hi, About Bob is the place to discuss Bob, I’ll move this post there.

I’ll highlight this post to the other Mods, and we’ll let you know. I think there is a whole bunch of XIr2 still out there though, my last client was migrating from 6.5!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

My take: XI R2 and prior: Yes, it would be nice to moves those threads to some archive folder

Regarding all the other products:
SAP is churning out quite some… with different focus regarding data sources: SAP BW, SAP HANA, and non-SAP data sources.
It seems too cumbersome to keep up with that and create new forums. Maybe, SAP will come around and finally groom and consolidate their extensive BI Frontend-tool set… ?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)