BusinessObjects Board

BO6.5 and Windows8 64bit

Hi

has anyone had any success installing BO6.5 on a Win2008 server with an Oracle Repository?

Yes I know its an old version of BO, but for several reasons I can’t just upgrade some of our existing estate from the Win2000 server that we currently have.

the reason is IT want me to decommission Win2000 servers

I just need to get the ORB running and get a couple of BO schedulers to run on a pair of Win2008 servers.

if you have this set up can you tell me what version of oracle you are using and whether you are using a 32bit or a 64bit version of Oracle

and what level of patches and hot fixes you’ve had to install on 6.5 to get it to work

I’ve tried Oracle 11g 64bit but that was a none starter
I then tried Oracle 10.2.0.4 32bit but I couldn’t get the orb to start (CFT 06703 error)
I then installed to SP3 and Hot fix 42 (65chf42) but same result or wouldn’t start

I’ve heard installing to a shorter directory path helps but no idea how to do that as you don’t get prompted for an install path, it auto installed to Program Files (x86) directory so any advice on how to change that would also be appreciated, thanks

abductee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-09-05)

Hello,

i have the same problem with the IT.
I have to move from Win2003 to Win2008 and i tried to install it.

The problem it doesn’t work…

Did you find any solutions?
Do you have all Service packs 1-4?

It would be fine to get any answer.

BR
Steffen

Steffen11 (BOB member since 2011-02-16)

nope no answer yet, but I’ve been to busy to look at it any further. but I will have to pick this back up later on in the year so hope someone can suggest somthing

Steffen, please keep me in the loop if you can make any progress and I will do the same

I have service pack 3, we’ve never updated 6.5 further than that.

Hello,

thanks for answer.
I have to find a solution and we should keep in touch.

If i try to install it - there comes on Error CFT 06503.

You have SP 1-3 or just 3?

BR
Steffen

Just SP3 but SP’s are inclusive of the previous fixes

Hello,

i can’t find your Mailadress.
Would you like to send me a mail to ?

For questions…

BR
Steffen

Tried to email you but got delivery failed - check my profile again for my email address

Hello guys,

I have your same issue: a BO 6.5 SP4 installation on Windows 2003 server which I have to move to a higher version server (Windows 2008 or 2012). This application should have been dismissed long time ago, but because of delays with the new system development they need it for 1 year more, at least…

Did you find a way to make it work?

I have BO 6.5 SP4 (6.5.4) with hot fix CHF73 and Oracle 11g.

Thanks for any answer.
Mauro

Mauro :belgium: (BOB member since 2012-03-22)

Sorry nope - no workaround

instead we are decommissioning our 6.5 servers which are only used for scheduling, the rest of the users use full client (Deski) as will just lose the Schedule capability.

Thanks for your quick reply!

What was the issue that prevented it to work?

Mauro

We think it was the communication with Oracle, and the install always failed when trying to communicate with our existing repository.

that is from memory - a lot of water under the bridge since then

Ok, I see.
Unfortunately it seems I’m still in troubled waters…
:flush:

Anyway thanks again for your kind replies.
:slight_smile: :cheers:

Mauro