BusinessObjects Board

BO WebI Server reinstal

Hi All,

Today our BO WebI server failed because of hardware issue. We have one standalone server for all BO applications. We have to replace the hard disk and reinstal BO.

I think after reinstal and configuring BO server comonents, can I do safe recovery to get the repository? or I have to create a new repository? Can any one help me quickly as these problems occured in Production?

Thanks in advance
Shabo

shankarbo (BOB member since 2005-11-14)

It depend, was your repository database located in the same server which has crashed or not ? if not, you have just to reinstall the corresponding middleware and server and regenerate the bomain.key with the database parameters.

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi Timbal,

Thanks for your quick reply. Our repository database located in the different server, so I can regenerate BOMAIN.key by safe recovery.

I have another issue with Publisher(Email Publication) which I have to reinstall in the same server, is there any way we can regenerate bomain.mkey?

Thanks in advance
Shabo

use admin button of supervisor and choose the recovery option to regenerate the bomain.key

Regards
Bernard

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

HI,

I am talking about “bomain.mkey” not “bomain.key”.

bomain.mkey is for Publisher repository, which performs Email Publication.

Thanks
Shabo.

If you just needed to replace the hard drive – rather than installing/reinstalling, and recreating everything – don’t you have a server backup from which you could do a complete restore?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

HI,

We don’t have server backup. We don’t aware of this option. Can you tell me how to do server backup and restore in detail so that in future it will be helpful for us?

Thanks
Shabo

HI Anitha,

Your suggesstion is good. What frquency we have to take backup of Server? Also let me know the procedure in detail for backup the server.

Thanks in advance,
Shabo

We will do it every week

peacock (BOB member since 2002-11-07)