BusinessObjects Board

BO Training

Am I crazy, or has the available training for BusinessObjects vanished? When I got my cert five or so years ago, there were a dozen solid third-party vendors, and a handful of decent books. Now I go looking for stuff to get my new junior admin up to speed on BO 4.2 Administration, and it’s a ghost town. The only option is SAP Press and official SAP training, which is grossly overpriced.

What happened?

Lugh (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

I just googled “businessobjects training” and saw at least 5 besides the official SAP offering.

charlie :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

A) Were they for administration, or just for WebI? Because I found several that were about creating WebI reports. Not so much for administration.

B) Any idea if they were legit? If you’re just looking at results, odds are good that you are seeing certificate mills sprinkled in there. I ran into several of those.

Lugh (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

Mostly WebI. If your newbie is a self-starter, I’d recommend this book. I read the 1st edition and found it very helpful. I took the BO Admin course for 3.1 many years ago, and used the book to get myself up to speed in 4.0.

charlie :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Your junior admin probably doesn’t need this anymore, but for others that may be looking here is a BO 4.3 admin training course…