BusinessObjects Board

Bo Manager Settings

I was recently involved in a project to transfer a BO 5.1.2 installation from an NT server to a Windows 2k server. The repository databases were on a separate server and remain unchaged.

We didn’t have the Webi Admin password, so were unable to view the BO Manager settings. Since running using the new server, there is quite a delay (20 mins) before some reports start running. We did manage to copy the settings for the old Scheduler, because they were visible from the new server.

Is there any way to determine the config on the old server without the password? Or any way to obtain the password? (probably a “No”?).

Also, is there a particular BO Manager setting that could be altered to reduce the delay? I’ve read the BO Manager Help Guide, but with an unhappy customer would prefer not to experiment if someone can give me good guidance.

Thanks!

Alan

AgentX20 (BOB member since 2004-10-12)

you can login to the webiadmin(admin console of bo 6.5 ). you can login using GS user name and password.

else please update the repository table object_m_actor set the password of GS as null.

then you can enter the console.

Thanks,

Ranjan

ranjan.sahoo :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-11)

On the old 5.x installations, the General Supervisor login and password were not used.

You just need a userid that is an Administrator (in Windows) on the old machine, so that you can check its settings. Surely someone has a admin login for that machine?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita! :slight_smile:

So it should accept any local admin account?

Alan

AgentX20 (BOB member since 2004-10-12)

Yes, a local admin account should work.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)