BusinessObjects Board

BO 6.5 architecture

Hi,

I was looking for a BO 6.5 architecture from the pile of my stock available but could not get one.
I have to give a presentation to a team and convince that there should be only one bomain key for Infoview users and it is not feasible to have split it for two different repositories.

I have one doc “how bo sytem works” but I want some more

Please help

alokkarn (BOB member since 2009-10-09)

Alok,

I think - “How System Work” is great for understanding BO 6.5 architecture.

This is clearly mentioned in BO Admin Guide. Dont have any presentation file on my desktop. :expressionless:

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

Hi Alok,

Please find the attached doc, hope this helps.
What is the exact case? May forum help you in real way. There could be possibility you might be moving in wrong direction. Because what I can see from your comment is that your users want different repositories. it is possible to have partitions in repository or more than one repository installed but will require different servers/architecture/environment.

deepak21.s :qatar: (BOB member since 2010-09-06)

Hi Deepak,

Loads of big thanks to you and this forum.

Please find the following points
i)there is only one BOBJ installed on one unix environment.
ii)there are two separate repository for dev and test
iii)the issue is that the users want to use one single Infoview url for both dev and test environments.But I know it is impossible, as there can be only one bomain.key in the Loc folder for infoview to work.

Therefore, I seeked for some good docs where I can explain what is possible and what is not possible?

Thanks again

[quote:59d629a449=“deepak21.s”]Please find the attached doc, hope this helps.
[/quote]

Moderator note:
deepak21.s, please do not break this forum rules:
https://bobj-board.org/tos#heading--copyright

If you are not familiar with the rules, go through them here:
https://bobj-board.org/tos

I removed the attachment from your post.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Stop wasting time, and convince them of a major upgrade to SAP BI 4.0, no need to hassle with outdated architecture IMHO.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Sure Andreas :slight_smile:

I have created one slide to explain BO 6.5 architecture. A diagram to elaborate its component communication for making Infoview available for user.
Hope this makes sense.

Alternatively I can suggest you can have two folders with same structure one as Dev and other as Test in same repositories.
This will help you to setup as per your customers requirements and simplify the architecture. But for sure is dev is down, test would be too, this will be the only drawback, secondly if size is the constraint this can surface challenge.
BO_ARCH_6.5.ppt (68.0 KB)

deepak21.s :qatar: (BOB member since 2010-09-06)

I really want to express you so many thanks to you Deepak :smiley: