BusinessObjects Board

BO 6.5.1 supported platforms

Hi,

Can anybody quickly let me know the supported windows platform and IE for BO 6.5.1? In other words,is windows XP and IE 8 supported?

Regards,
Alok

alokkarn (BOB member since 2009-10-09)

Do you realize just how old ver 6.x is? Is it supported at all nowadays?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,

I used BO 6.5 on Win XP and it was supported on that platform when it was supported.

IE 8 - this version of IE was released only recently. Many years after BO 6.5 was released. So it’s easy to guess if it is/was supported or not… :wink:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Many thanks Marek and Andreas. I know it has been a long time but just wanted to check from BO experts if at all the users can use BO 6.5.1 on the mentioned platforms or they should downgrade the Microsoft or IE.

Regards,
Alok

alokkarn (BOB member since 2009-10-09)

Funny, I just came to the same problem. The company wants IE8 with BO6.5 on windows2003 servers.

alokkarn, what was your result on the problem?

oszonits (BOB member since 2004-03-23)

You may be able to run it in compability mode. The only way to know is to try.
You may or may not have issues doing this, but it is the only way I know that may be possible.
I don’t get why people insist on using such old, unsupported, versions of software.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi all,

BO 6.5.1 server supports WIN 2003?

pls let me know

Thanks

bouserbo (BOB member since 2010-10-27)

Just registered to answer that!. Bcz is what the business have, and it’s on a Status “Quo” working fine until something goes wrong…

• Migrate to a new plattaform might be risky, some reports will not work as they had in the past

• Can be expense.
    (Perfect! You invest in the new Server WS 2008) What about the clients?
    -You have 100 Computers running in Windows XP

Any way. Is what we have.

bravosoft (BOB member since 2011-12-22)

Bravosoft, Welcome to B :mrgreen: B!

To be frank, I won’t go and work for a client with such an old version, unless they wish to migrate, it dilutes my skill set :).

There may be a few, but, unless you have done anything particularly radical, not many.

What do you mean here :? ?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)