BusinessObjects Board

BO 4.3 SP2 User Preference copy (to set default theme for everyone)

Hi all,

We are trying to set the default theme from default “Belize” to Quartz Light but have not found a way to do this yet without re-creating the full CSS in theme designer. Has anyone done something similar before?

We are also trying to use the copy user preferences found in this sap note [1659566 - How to Apply Preferences to All User Accounts in BI 4.x programmatically [Video] - SAP ONE Support Launchpad] => https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1659566

But it has not worked either so far when using an account that is in administrator group to copy it to a new group.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve used this tool in an earlier version with success but there wasn’t any themes to set.

I created an Enterprise User specifically to use as the source for the preferences. I didn’t need to assign the user to any groups. I could use the tool to assign the preferences of this user to a group of users. That may not have been much different that what you configured though.

Did you try setting something else besides the theme to see if it actually worked? I can see it working for other preferences but not the themes as themes are relatively new and the tool has been around for a while.