BusinessObjects Board

BO 4.1 SP6 to 4.2 SP6 - Personal Folders Migration

Hi, All

We are doing migration from BO 4.1 sp6 to 4.2 sp6. Migrated User groups, Access level, Folders, reports, Universes and connection without issues.

When migrating personal folders of selected users(20) to 4.2, job is getting failed and showing below message:

Resolution Status=Copied, Dependency Status=All the required dependencies are included, Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed, Promotion Status=Failure: Must create object under its defined root folder.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you for the help!

MIUSA (BOB member since 2011-05-01)

I see you migrated the users so I assume they are all Enterprise users. Do the CUIDs of the personal folders match between the two environments? If they are different, they will not migrate.

Actually, They were Windows AD users that we migrated. I notice, CUIDs are different for users in both 4.1/4.2.

Is there any way to migrate personal folders if CUIDs are not matching. or any other suggestion that can be done to migrate personal folders. Please let me know.

Thank you again for the help!.

The only way to move the content then is to copy them from the personal folder in the source environment to a public folder in the source environments. Migrate that folder with the reports to your target environment. This will make sure the folder CUID is the same in both environments. Once you have migrated the reports, you would have to move them into the correct personal folder from the public folder.

We have a set of folders set up specifically for this purpose in our environments for moving reports in personal folders.

Thank you John for valuable suggestion. Will work on it.

I would remove those use in target system since they have different CUIDs.
I ran into the same issue.

I ended up deleting users in target system. I turned off WindAd mode and then promoted users again.
With this you not only can move users fav fine.
if users have scheduled instances if CUIDs not matching those recurring instances will be orphaned.

arjunanand :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-30)

You mean, 1. Uncheck Enable windows AD in CMC and 2. then Promote Favorite Folders to 4.2 from 4.1. 3. Check Enable windows AD in CMC after promotion completed.

Is above steps correct?

Yes indeed.

arjunanand :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-30)