BusinessObjects Board

blank space in prompt field

Hi all,

Our problem is that we have Business Objects .rep documents used in WebIntelligence environnement and for every prompt field, we have automatically a space in it, that users have to delete before inserting any value.

This is a very big source of errors, so i’d like to have empty prompts in Infoview.

For information we use version 2.7 of WebIntelligence and 5.1.3 of BO Full

Thks for help

Gautier.

geuth :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-12)

I believe this was a known issue and was fixed in later releases. You really should get off of 5.1.3.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi Steve,

Could you please provide the link to the document (published by Business Objects) carrying this bug information.
I searched a lot on Business Objects site, but could not find one.

Thanks in advance for your kind help…

Thanks & Regards,
Gajendra

WeCanDoIt (BOB member since 2004-03-03)

No, I can’t do that. You need to download the release notes from 5.1.8 and you should be able to find what you are looking for. 5.1.3 was not the best release of BO. Many people had issues with things like this. The recommendation is to move to a more current release of V5.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I looked at the documentation you mentioned and did not find anything on the blanks Webi inserts into the prompt in infoview. Any help on this? I want to use it as a know n issue, but I need proof.

I am a BO partner, so I checked the tech support site, but could not find it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Update: It is tied to BUG#1056690. There is a fix available for it as well. I am not sure how touse the fix and BO says they do not have docs on the fix. :shock:

maverick976 :us: (BOB member since 2004-07-06)

Hi everybody…

I have the same problem in 6.1b.
Any idea without change BO version.

Regards

Manu

edemonti (BOB member since 2005-09-21)