BusinessObjects Board

Blank pages in report... table overflow....

Hello all,
I’m trying to display a table with one dimension. The query returns about 200 rows. I have 2 questions to ask,

1. When i try to display the data ‘across’ or ‘down’ (Orientation) the report runs for a few pages without any blank pages. But when I change the number of columns (Orientation = down) or the number of rows (Orientation = across) to more than 1 (To fit the data in one page), I see lot of blank pages at the end of the report.
    I looked at the report structure and found nothing.

2. When i set the Orientation to ‘across’ and set the ‘rows’ to say 6,
    is there any way to get the 2nd pages show below the first one, and not over flow to the right.
    Right now BO does this…
    Page1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5…

Can i make it do this…
Page 1

I want the orientation to be ‘Across’ and not ‘Down’.

I’m working with 6.5.1. I tried to attach my report, but the file size is 350KB :frowning:

Appreciate your time.

queryanalyzer (BOB member since 2005-08-28)

Zipping the report up (XP has a send to compressed (zipped) Folder option) will allow you to post it. :smiley:

Though am up this morning, my neurons are still dormant.
I’m attaching the zipped report.
Report 11-06-06.zip (38.0 KB)

I can’t really tell what the problem is with that little data.
If you want to email it me with more data in it, feel free.

Cheers,
Mark

The table in the report shows only one dimension.
Right now i have limited the number of rows to 20, and the report ran for 2 pages with ‘Across’ orientation.
I was trying to limit it to just one page, so increased the Rows to ‘3’.
But the report still shows 3 pages, first page with the table and 3 blank pages. Is this a default behavior ?

This attachment has more data, about 20 rows.
Report 11-06-06.zip (39.0 KB)

Well, I’ve never seen that before! :shock:

However, if you right-click and format cell then uncheck “Row by Row Autofit”, for whatever reason that gets rid of the blank pages. :crazy_face:

Probably a feature of the software. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Its looks like it.
Thanks for the hint.

sweet baby kittens bless you. 18 years later this tip saved me from losing my marbles.