BusinessObjects Board

BIRT

Hi All,

I know the rules and regulations of this forum, but I have noticed that now a days without any reason , the posts are locked which is really frustrating. Now see my post -

It is not there on this forum, that’s why I started new thread and now it has been locked and said to me that please post here. Instead of doing this , I think it would have been much better if the above post is kept open and the link is provided in this thread. This thread is tooo big, and if I go on increasing this thread, then what is the point of new thread. I think sticky topic here is - There are different posts for which links are provided here in this thread to help people to get everything together.

But by doing this, I don’t think I am getting any help here. It’s my humble request to moderators please help me in understanding is it really valid to lock that topic.

My topic was -

Has anyone heard about BIRT , I am sure people must here have worked on BIRT also. So could some one please help me with the differences between BIRT and BusinessObjects? Thanks in advance.

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

We know that the topic is pretty long and if needed, we’ll be definitely create an FAQ just as we did to the Certification sticky. I’ve clearly explained why I’ve locked that topic. Is there anything unclear? :? I believe we don’t do anything without a reason. If you have any other concern, please let Dave or any other board moderators know about it. Fragmentation is not good and please don’t be shocked when you see your topic locked.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

I am not shocked :slight_smile: , but I guess if I continue here, it is like people may see or may not. But if there is a separate post/thread , people will definitely see and I trust who so ever can help me , he/she will definitely do it. But after posting here and this dispute, I think the thread gets lesser notice as compare to the separate thread.

Again I am trying to clear this to you to avoid dispute , I have not tried to duplicate the thread, I just opened a new thread. And then this thread could have been updated with the link of that thread. Or if there is any discussion on the same topic, then I would have posted there , or even If I missed that and you are locking and saying to continue the thread in that thread which is on this topic, I would have said thanks to you for your assistance. Before posting, I always make a search and then post to avoid fragmentation, I am not a Moderator, but I always take care of the forum rules and regulations, so that as a member also I should support the rules and also others can support. But still I think I cannot win with this argue as I am a member , I apologizes. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)