BusinessObjects Board

BI4 - Restful API - Variables with special characters

Hi all,

I’m trying to modifiy a varibale wich contains specific characters in order to define a hyperlink in the report.
I did it with the old SDK (BOXIR3) without any issue.
Today, with the Restful API, I didn’t succeed to keep the specifi charcter in order to have my hyperlink i the varable.

• Variable define in the report :
="<a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=FsZAEVDwwQ4AuAMAAKDrHlsgABY_Q2kl&amp;sIDType=CUID"+[_Filtres_eff]+"&amp;lsMNatCtr=03;04&amp;lsMContrat=CDD&amp;lsMTy_Eff=I&amp;lsMStatus="+[Status]+"&amp;sRefresh=Y\" target=\"_blank\">"+[Effectif Alternants]+"</a>"
  • Variable received with the api Restful

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
 <variable dataType="String" qualification="Measure">
     <id>LA0</id>
     <name>01 - Eff_Ins_Hy_lien_CSP_Alternants</name>
     <formulaLanguageId>[01 - Eff_Ins_Hy_lien_CSP_Alternants]</formulaLanguageId>
     <definition>="&amp;lt;a href=\"../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=FsZAEVDwwQ4AuAMAAKDrHlsgABY_Q2kl&amp;amp;sIDType=CUID"+[_Filtres_eff]+"&amp;amp;lsMNatCtr=03;04&amp;amp;lsMContrat=CDD&amp;amp;lsMTy_Eff=I&amp;amp;lsMStatus="+[Status]+"&amp;amp;sRefresh=Y\" target=\"_blank\"&amp;gt;"+[Effectif Alternants]+"&amp;lt;/a&amp;gt;"</definition>
 </variable>

If i send it again with &lt; or &gt; the varible is updated in the report with &lt; and &gt; instead of < and >. The link is not displayed anymore in the report…

Does anybody know how i can update this type of variable.
Thank you in advance.
Rich.

[ric] :fr: (BOB member since 2008-01-10)

Finally worked fine with a proper StringEscapeUtils.escapeXml. :hb:

[ric] :fr: (BOB member since 2008-01-10)