BusinessObjects Board

BI4 AUDITING SYSTEM_ACCOUNT (Refreshes, Edits, Logons)

With BI4, I want to capture USER activity, Logons, Refreshes, Edits, etc.

What I am seeing in BI4 AUDIT LOGS on my initial system. Is for one day I may see 30 USERS Refreshing documents, but the AUDIT logs are being filled with 6110 SYSTEM ACCOUNT Refreshes each day.

I know I can filter this out in reporting, but all of the SYSTEM ACCOUNT records that are generate make the audit database HUGE in just a few days, and I would like to keep usage audits for a few years so I can trend usage.

In less than 1 month 300,000 SYSTEM ACCOUNT records, and close to 3 million LOGON ATTEMPTS with USER = NULL (When CMS Database was down).

Am I missing something, How can I capture User Refreshes, User Logons without getting all of the SYSTEM ACCOUNT records.

Or do I need to schedule cleanups to drop the records I am not interested in.

jjansen (BOB member since 2007-04-04)

Hi jjansen

Did you find any information regarding SYSTEM ACCOUNT records?

I also dont want the autdit database to grow HUGE!!

I see this in a preproduction env with BI4.0 SP4.

Regards

Björn

Bjorn :sweden: (BOB member since 2006-02-10)

Submitted WISH LIST to SAP

We are planning on setting up a Delete Script and once a month remove SYSTEM ACCOUNT that are over a month old.

jjansen (BOB member since 2007-04-04)

please refer this … :stupid:

stsrin :us: (BOB member since 2005-07-21)

Hi

Is there a solution for this problem? Our audit database is also growing very fast with entries of SYSTEM_ACCOUNT

Zweiblum (BOB member since 2013-01-29)

may i know the database name for an assistance

stsrin :us: (BOB member since 2005-07-21)

the only option is to write scripts to purge the data or extract what ever level of detail you want to keep into a “data warehouse”

Also be aware of the fact that Rich client activity is only partially accounted for.

The auditor database does carry a lot of irrelevant data. you may want to customize in the audit tabs the level of detail to keep. This will only partially lower the amount of useless data.

ClaireB :de: (BOB member since 2002-08-09)

Hello, I have not the exact problem as you. Me, I don’t care about growing database, we have 50 gigs of audit right now but this is not an issue.

My issue is more, how I can get what I want.

Just the simple question : Which reports is refreshed manually during a day. Which user, the dureation of this refresh, time.

So far, the select retreive refresh but also include scheduling reports, which is refresh also internaly.

Another Question : Is this SYSTEM ACCOUNT are not reel activity ?

patrickfx (BOB member since 2007-10-17)

To exclude Scheduled reports, set Event_Type Not In List Run
Jon

pcgeekus :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-16)