BusinessObjects Board

[BI4.1] Different name of objects for different users

Hi All,

I’ve build single Universe which is used by different companies. The problem is that some of them want to rename objects and class according themselves. And I still want to have a single Universe.

Translation Management Tool is very close what I want to get, but I have many customers from the same country, same language. And I have no idea how to duplicated available languages. Perhaps that’s possible, maybe someone has any idea how to do this? I mean to create as many languages as I have different customers, and then translate-rename objects/class according each of them.

Any other ideas, thoughts how to approach this issue? Would be really appreciated.

Kind Regards,
E.

evaldasz (BOB member since 2014-07-30)

Hi,

One of the options (probably not preferred very much) can be using the utility that can update object/class names and descriptions. You can find it in the BOB’s Downloads section here:

I understand that this is probably not what you are after but it can be useful to have it as a last resort solution :slight_smile:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks Marek, good idea! At least now I have plan B, otherwise I must synchronise all changes in each universe. Your suggested option sounds much better for me - having core universe, and do changes only in that universe aftewards save it for each customer, and apply transalations from some excel file.

But still, if anyone has an idea how to duplicate languages, than more then welcome :slight_smile:

evaldasz (BOB member since 2014-07-30)