BusinessObjects Board

BI Integration is not working

I have BODS/IS in separate IPS. Version 4.2 SP2

BI Platform is in different CMS. Version 4.0 SP5

I added BI platform details in CMC of IS server integrator sources. When i try to schedule the BI 4.0, i got an error “Unable to read remote job server configuration” This integrator requires the remote job server."

Do i need to install BI client tools on IS server? Which version- 4.0 client tools or 4.1 client tools?/

I tried to setup the remote job server in BO 4.0 server as mentioned in KB article 1906580. I got an error “The specified service does not exist as an installed service”

Does this mean, i need to install client tools on IS sever?

jkna (BOB member since 2011-12-14)

no, there is no need to install client tool on Is 4.2 Server
you will have to install remote job server on the BI 4.0 env, what is your IS Repo Database type ?

you can try following
open a command windows
cd to \InformationSteward\MM\bin
run the following command
wrapper.exe -i \InformationSteward\MM\config\wrapper.conf

where InstallDir = Location where you are installing Remote Job Server
if this runs successfully, then go to \InformationSteward\MM\bin and run Admin.bat to check if the information is configured correctly

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

IS Repo DB is Oracle 11g.

Based on KB article - 1906580 - Information Steward Launch Pad and Remote Job Server (RJS) service configuration with remote BI 4.1 SP1

mention that run InstallRemoteservice.bat

Am i missing anything?

yes you will have to run the InstallRemoteService, if you run into following error
“The specified service does not exist as an installed service”
use the steps I mentioned earlier

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

I just got word back from SAP support. This is a bug in current version . Planning to fix the issue in next SP. All the official document mention about run installremoteservice, But it does not work.

You are right. I need to run the wrapper.exe to make this work.

Thanks for your help.