BusinessObjects Board

BI + Analytics Conference

Does anyone attend this anymore? I got the OK to go from my boss, and then saw that the agenda has been published. It is 2 days now Tues - Wed. 3 tracks + 1 track of training (extra cost). Can anyone speak to the value? Has anyone gone in the last few years? Is it well attended? Insights will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Sandy Brotje (BOB member since 2002-07-24)

It’s been a few years since I’ve been there. Do you have a link to the page about it?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hey Michael!

After I got the OK to attend (I was asking to go based on the conferences of the past), I finally saw the agenda. IMHO, it is 1 & 1/2 days of content (plus SAP/ASUG topics). I saw the list of companies that were attending - no health care systems so far. I decided to not attend. It has always been my rule that if I suggest a conference or training for myself, I would be willing to pay for it (course I want my employer to!) I personally have to see value in it for myself and feel that my employer will benefit from me attending as well.

So for me, where I am in my career, with the training I’ve already received, what Akron Children’s Hospital is doing with Epic, SAP & Data Warehousing and based on the list of attendees (I realize it is only the ones they posted so far), I couldn’t justify it. I am NOT saying it won’t be worth attending for others. This is just my situation.

Makes me sad. We worked so hard on the conference for all of those years. I have so many great memories of us all meeting, and becoming friends - all while learning a ton of stuff! Maybe I was hoping for one more conference like the ones in the past. Ha ha! This just isn’t the training or topics I need now.

I wish the conference and the attendees great success! I am sure it will be valuable for a lot of people.

Sandy Brotje (BOB member since 2002-07-24)

what? no bob lunch this year? :rotf:

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

I’m sure some guy named Bob will eat lunch. :rotf:

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

My supervisor (she was planning to go) got the word last week that this conference is cancelled for next week. She heard they may try again in August (in Vegas, it will be hot unless a thunderstorm rolls through).

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)