BusinessObjects Board

[BI 4.3 SP4] Left Join in Dataset mode returns empty result

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen!

Recently I put my hands on WEBI 4.3 SP4 and started to play with the dataset mode. I noticed an odd behaviour of the left join. By the definition, the left join should return all rows from the primary (‘left’) table.
However when I try to join data to an empty dataset, the output is also empty. Any ideas why? According to my experience I still should get entries from the primary dataset. Please see screenshots below showing the case.

Left cube:
Right cube:

Join setup:

The result:

It works as expected when the right (‘secondary’) cube contains at least one entry (even if it does not take part in the join).

Regards,
Q.

are you on latest patch ?
because there are still a lot of errors in SP4 eg. 3420870 or 3462675, …

Not sure what is the latest. This is what I use:

4.3 Support Pack 4 Patch 5
Version : 14.3.4.4970.5

Hi Quarius,

The latest version is Patch 7 which has just been released. We are about to go with Patch 6.

I am almost certain that one of the users (I look after the infrastructure) mentioned the same problem and said that it has been fixed in Patch 6.

Check the fix list and you should find it there I believe. I apologise if I’m wrong but I will also check tomorrow and post back.

Note 3462675
Left Join in Web Intelligence data mode do not return correct results if keys are duplicated in secondary table (One to many relationship)

Available with Patch .600
We are taking on .700 in week 42

Interesting, I have not noticed this though I have not done complex tests. So generally speaking, the whole left join of the data view feature is broken :face_with_hand_over_mouth: