BusinessObjects Board

[BI 4.2] Publication Destinations - Inbox and Email?

I’ve been testing the Publications feature with destination set to BI Inbox and Email. I set up a dynamic recipient list in WebI, and picked an Enterprise user to receive a report in their Inbox. When I schedule the Publication, the dynamic recipient gets what they should see, the Enterprise user gets a copy in their Inbox, but the Enterprise user also gets an Email with the report. I expected the Enterprise user to get a copy in their Inbox, but by checking Email as a destination, they seem to get both. I could very well be missing something as this is the first time I’ve really gotten into Publishing.

Is this how it’s supposed to work?

charlie :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

When you create a publication with multiple destinations (which can’t be done with regular schedules, incidentally), the publication will be sent to all destinations for all recipients. However, since dynamic recipients aren’t (necessarily) BO users, the publication won’t attempt to send to their BI Inbox.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hmm, sounds like a candidate for an IDEA. Maybe a simple checkbox on the Destination properties page Inbox options.

At any rate, thanks for clearing that up, Joe.

charlie :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)