BusinessObjects Board

BI 4.1 Auditing

Greetings! I have a seemingly simple question that I have not been able to find a solution to: Which report(s) and user(s) are using object “Account Number” from Universe “Products”?

For example:
Universe “Products” has 50 dimension objects.
One of them is named “Account Number”.

How can i find out who is using this object and which report(s) are using this object?

We are on BI 4.1 SP5. I cannot find this level of detail from the ‘Audit’ universe.

Thank you for any input you have on this subject!

dforney@frk.com (BOB member since 2010-01-07)

As you have found, this type of information is not in the Audit universe.

You would have to write a program using either the RESTful Web Services SDK or the Java ReportEngine SDK to get this information. The program might have logic something like this:

1. Using the regular SDK (e.g., no ReportEngine and not RESTful), find the universe to be checked - in this case Products. Be sure to get the SI_WEBI property as part of your query as it will contain a list of the SI_ID number for ever Webi report that uses the universe.

2. For each SI_ID in the SI_WEBI property, find the report.

3. Walk through all of the objects used in the report to determine if the specified dimension from the universe is being used.

4. If it’s used, add the report to a list to be output.

5. Go to the next report.

You might also be able to find an existing program in the BOB Downloads section or by looking at third-party software.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Thank you Dell! I will try your suggestions.

dforney@frk.com (BOB member since 2010-01-07)