BusinessObjects Board

BCA is not starting up.

Hi Experts,

I know BO 6.5 is a vintage tool and already reached EOL years ago.

We are having a production down issue and helpless as there is no official support available hence requesting you if you could help us in sharing your inputs.
I have attached the PPT file for issue description for your reference, right now we are targeting to use BCA of other environment, similar like using Tomcat of Dev and accessing QA, so if you could let us know how this approach can be used in BCA in BO 6.5.
We are experiencing with the below error message when we tried to login Administration Console.
EM: “The Administration Console can’t connect to the system. (ADC 00070)”

Looking forward for your big help.

Thank you!

Rahul

rahul.deshmukh16 (BOB member since 2014-08-12)

[Moderator Note: Moved from General Discussion to Broadcast Agent (BCA)]

And welcome to B:bob:B!

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I don’t see any attachment with your message.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to do. Are you switching your BCA from one repository to another?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yes, we are looking to switch BCA, we are planning to use a running BCA from DEV environment to handle the request.

This is going back several years, but you need to:
[list][:499c8e25cf]Replace bomain.key in BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\locdata and BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\nodes<hostname><nodename>\locdata
[
:499c8e25cf]Remove cached files in BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\nodes<hostname><nodename>\documents, universes, and storage[/list]

If you only replaced one of the bomain.key files, that might explain the error you got in Admin Console. Once that’s resolved and you’re in, you’ll need to make sure all of the BCA config settings are correct.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info, but do we also need to do changes in application server level? we are using tomcat here. not sure which web.xml or what specific changes need to be done.

Thanks in advance!

Tomcat is not used by BCA directly; it’s only needed to support WebI (if running on the same node), or the Admin Console. But, the admin console can be run locally on the server too.

What you are attempting to do is essentially create a cluster of two cluster masters. That’s possible, but requires a few steps. You will need to have both machines sharing the same Storage directory. You set this with the Configuration Tool. (Incidentally, you would also use this to create new clusters or instances).

You are probably better off investigating the reasons for the failure on your original node. Have you enabled all tracing and reviewed the logs?