BusinessObjects Board

Basic Application Configuration Question..

I have installed Application Foundation and created a repository, calender and added a Universe from my BO Repository to AF Repository, as per the Admin’s Guide provided by AF Documentation. In the Admin Giude its asking me to set up the connection of the System Universes. I am not able to find the System Universes which are “ci_probe, ci_sets, ci_setsc, ci_compa, ci_tsf, ci_spc” and asking me to setup a connection to AF Repository, where will i find these Universes…Help will be really appreciated…

Thanks in advance

Bond (BOB member since 2004-11-02)

Welcome to B:mrgreen:B

They’re just demo universes, AF should work with or without the connections being setup … regardless, i’d set them up … look in:

<drive>:\Program Files\Business Objects\Application Foundation\Demo\AF Universes

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Thaks Chris…

But Unfortunately i am not able to see the Application Foundation Folder in Bussiness Objects Folder at all. any ideas…and i am not able to see Application Foundation in the Configuration Tab of Supervisor as well. any ideas…

Thanks in advance…

Sorry, should have qualified … look on the server where you installed AF

Thanks Chris, i will check it out on the server…

i am not able to see Application Foundation in the Configuration Tab of Supervisor, did i missed insatlling anything…??? any ideas…

Thanks in Advance…

The AF rights/object-id’s are stored on the AF server (not in the central repository) … checkout these steps to enable it for your local supervisor

Thanks Chris,

I have [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite|Default|Business Objects\BusObj Configuration\Business Supervisor] but i didnt find CISECDLL key there, i have BO 6.0 on my destop and the server and app servers are Tomcat and Apache respectively. any ideas…

Tanks in advance…

Not sure if it’s the same in 6.0 … but you’ll need to install AF on the client (just the Tools piece) to create the key

where will i find this AF Tools piece does it comes in the AF CD…? if yes then which setup.exe file i have to run…?

Thanks in advance…

the standard AF setup (same one you ran on the server) … when you get to the part about “What to install” … uncheck everything except Tools

Thanks Chris…

Could you tell me how should i see the System Universes in the client machine, is there any way i can install them too on my desktop…

Thanks in advance…

I don’t remember if they are exported as part of the install.
If so, just import them from the repository to your client.
If not, you’ll have to copy them from the server to your client,
… store them in :\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects 6.0\Universe
… then you should be able to open them thru designer and change the connections

Let me explian you what i have right now… I created my AF Repository in a different DB and BO Rep in a different one. I added one Universe from my BO Repository to AF Repository and trying to work on that…when i try to create a BO Main key on the AF DB its saying Security Domain is not defined…??? how should i connect the the Repository first to import those universes… am i doing the wrong way…?

Thanks in Advance…

Its saying “No Security Domains Exists for this connection (ADW0010)” and its not letting me to create one.

Universes are stored in the Business Objects repository, not the AF Repository … It sounds like you’re trying to create a bomain.key for the AF repository to export universes to … try exporting them to the standard business objects repository

Chris in my BO Repository i dont find any system universes… does the name of the Universe starts with “ci_%” i didnt find any of these, if the name is different please let me know.

Thanks in advance…

Nope, they’re the 6 you mentioned earlier: ci_probe, ci_sets, ci_setsc, ci_compa, ci_tsf, ci_spc … look on the server in the directory i mentioned earlier

I created a Metric by creating a new Universe with One Fact and 2 Dimension tables. when i go and look for the Metric in the Analytic Catalogs/ Metric Trends/ Interactive Metric Trends, when i Added the Metric and cliked Preview its showing just a blank box with nothing inside… did i do anything wrong …i am not able to figure it out…Help will be really prreciated…

Thanks in Advance…

After you upload the metrics universe, you need to update it under System Setup in AF (The Hammer Icon)

I did it Chris but still i am not able to see any Graph or Lines in the chart or box…i am just getting a box with nothing inside and a Bar on the top with 2 buttons at the 2 ends of the Bar which are scrollable but i am not seeing any lines or graph or something like that insed the box…i dont know where i am making a mistake…

Thanks in Advance…