BusinessObjects Board

Back button?

Have you guys made any changes to the existing Bobj interface? Only since this morning my BACK button has stopped working properly - have to hit it twice in order to go back one page. Nothing else on internet or intranet is affected - just the Bobj site.

I’m using IE 8.0 if it helps?

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Nope. There’s no changes to BOB that would cause that. If you’re using a wireless mouse, check your batteries. Sometimes that happens to me when my batteries get low.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

No recent changes, no. I just tested the back button in Chrome and it functioned as expected. A while back we used a “Share This” widget that completely messed up the site navigation (including the back button) but that has been removed for years…

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I have reproduced the issue using IE 8. When you clicks back button, it refers to twitter something

http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/fol

You may take a look.

summoner :hong_kong: (BOB member since 2008-12-18)

It appears to be because IE 8 is still waiting for something to load from twitter. When you click the “back” button it’s cancelling the load. Then the next “back” click goes back a page. So while we haven’t changed anything, it would appear that Twitter has. As per their requirements, we are referencing the java script from twitter.com so we don’t have any control over their code. :reallymad: This isn’t the first time an external source has messed up the site, as mentioned above.

Hmm. I have a corded mouse. And this pc has never been near twitter, ever. I suspect if I even tried it would trip our firewall and security software.

And every other website is fine - internet and intranet - apart from this one. Bizarre. I guess I’ll get used to it. I hate IE anyway - I use firefox or chrome at home.

Debbie

ETA: Just tried that link - as I suspected, the website is “forbidden”. And now I’ll have to explain waht I was doing to somebody…

It’s not twitter on your computer, it’s on BOB. There is the “Follow BOB” button on the bottom of every page here. So rest assured it’s not on your computer. :slight_smile:

Oh, I’d forgotten that bit! I followed it too with my personal twitter account from home.

That makes sense since everything else is fine. Since I’m stuck with IE, I guess I’ll just have to live with it.

Thanks for investigating

debbie