BusinessObjects Board

Auto Update from Email ID in recurring schedules

Hi,
We are on BI 4.2 SP 6. We have loads of recurring schedules using an old email DL as the from ID. This needs to be updated to a different email ID - is there a way to do a bulk update please? Pls note that the email ID has been manually entered in the From and is not left blank in which case it would pick from CMC setup.

Thanks
Soujanya

soujanyaj (BOB member since 2008-05-20)

I think you are looking at some sdk work or a third party tool. It is possible there is something in the Bob’s Downloads forum, but I don’t think so.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Are your recurring schedules all scheduled by the same user or account? If so, you could set your default email address for that account and then use %SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS% in the from field. By default, this variable uses the email address for the account that schedules the report.

This won’t help with your current problem but it might make future changes a little easier.

True, it would help for future changes. But was hoping there is something less manual for now - instead of rescheduling all of them. Will look for any 3rd party tools.

soujanyaj (BOB member since 2008-05-20)

You can do it with some SDK works. I have an Excel macro doing something similar task. If you are still interested, I might share it with you.

SuKA (BOB member since 2018-10-20)

Dear SuKA,
Can you please share the Excel Macro if possible
Regards
Ishaq